The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Key to Longevity

I love sardines. I have a box full of different brands and styles. One of my favorite treats when I’m breaking a fast.
I share your love of sardines, but you had to seek them out in East TN. I would've never thought of eating them for breakfast. I always ate them with crackers, but I'm feral, and tried them out on my own. No one else in my life ever ate them, so I'm kind of self taught. What type of breakfast would you be having with sardines? The initial image is of sardines with eggs and grits, but I'm pretty sure grits aren't a part of the real picture! What does that look like? Are these sardines in oil?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What type of breakfast would you be having with sardines?
I don't eat sardines for breakfast, as in, my morning meal. I eat them when I'm breaking my fast, as in... I fast for a few days at a time, usually 3-5 days. I'm breaking my fast in the evening, just prior to dinner. I like to ease into eating and getting my body back into the habit of digesting food again, so I start with some bone broth, followed by some fatty protein (sardines).

I usually just eat them out of the can, with some added hot sauce, depending on the flavor of them, some have enough seasoning already. Sometimes I'll have them on homemade low carb crackers.

We do have a thread all about Sardines, where I have documented all of the varieties that I have found.

I don't eat sardines for breakfast, as in, my morning meal. I eat them when I'm breaking my fast, as in... I fast for a few days at a time, usually 3-5 days. I'm breaking my fast in the evening, just prior to dinner. I like to ease into eating and getting my body back into the habit of digesting food again, so I start with some bone broth, followed by some fatty protein (sardines).

I usually just eat them out of the can, with some added hot sauce, depending on the flavor of them, some have enough seasoning already. Sometimes I'll have them on homemade low carb crackers.
Ah! I based my whole question on a word you didn't actually use! People fast for a lot of different reasons, so I'll say no more and go read your other thread. Thanks, and sorry for the misapprehension.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back