The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Holy Black Lavender Creeper

WildWest74

Could be John Wayne
A little birdy told me that this soap and aftershave is making another LIMITED comeback. Should be live on their website EARLY tomorrow.

Hmmm I am usually not a big fan of lavenders but I really like what Holy Black does.

Hmmm I am usually not a big fan of lavenders but I really like what Holy Black does.

I know Dave scored some awhile ago, he can probably vouch for the scent. I know I have been craving it, as I am big into the florals.

Oh boy...been waiting for this for a year. Not going to be able to get the matching AS (being OCONUS and they're a smaller operation), but I'm all about the soap!!!!

Grrr, I hate that I'm probably going to have to pass on it. I was so looking forward to it from all the reviews too.

SO so torn on this one. I have plenty of great lavender soaps BUT the "creeper" is the key here. I am probably going to be skipping this one but I'll be doing so with great reservation.

It is by far the best Lavender scent I have ever had it is as magical as they come. What time was it supposed to go live?

Ah well, the choice of whether or not to pull the trigger was taken out of my hands. I was thinking that they might do a midnight release, but couldn’t stay awake for it. Hopefully they’ll do another Creeper line someday. Congrats to all who got one!

I'm not real familiar with The Holy Black soaps. How do they compare to other artisans?
Maybe I don't really want to know, as they appear to be hard to acquire... ?
The packaging looks quite nice.

I'm not real familiar with The Holy Black soaps. How do they compare to other artisans?
Maybe I don't really want to know, as they appear to be hard to acquire...
1f642.png

The packaging looks quite nice.

I'd put The Holy Black in my top 5 artisans, with Wild West Shaving Co., Grooming Dept, Phoenix and Beau, and Chiseled Face. The performance is Tier 1, and the scents are usually amazing.

Their small batches sell out quickly, but they do a great job of announcing when they go on sale. If you can stay up for it, snagging them is easier than it seems. Their flagship scent, which is available more often, is Gunpowder Spice. That by itself is still a great scent. Plus, the company does live giveaways on Instagram that are always fun. I got some Elixir EdP as well as their Galleon Pomade that way.

Back