The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Final Cut. Yaqi Adjustable Razor.

I ordered the razor towards the end of November and just received it less than a week ago. Shipping from Australia to the States was a toss up and I knew it would be some time before it landed in the North American Continent and its eventual delivery to my address. Considering the current global situation and circumstances with shipping protocols, I was prepared to wait much longer than expected. I was pleasantly surprised that it showed up in 3 1/2 weeks time.

The Razor

I believe that the Yaqi Adjustable was created as a modern clone/replica of the iconic French Gibbs Reglable or adjustable 15/17(please do correct me if I’m wrong). I have read that yaqi had made a couple of previous attempts in creating this razor but, the success of those previous production runs were less than ideal and had some shortcomings in design implementation and overall quality of execution. I can’t say for certainty on those stated issues to be true as I have never acquired nor sampled those previous versions. But, the info across the wet shave forums seem to come from credible and reliable sources from individuals that are frequent and regular members across those forums. I saw some of the so called “shave reviewers” on a couple of social media sights and their presentations were never convincing. Anyways, I saw this advertised as “The Final Cut” version with updates with a new and improved adjustment dial, mechanism and better overall quality build. I pulled the trigger on the Chrome version as the Slate Gray version was not available at the time. Besides, I believe it was a small batch initial release to gauge interest and to get a few razors out there to see how this newly redesigned version would fair. Like I stated previously, I’ve had it less than a week but, have gotten in 3 shaves with this razor (including this morning) and here my early first impressions of Yaqi “The Final Cut” adjustable razor.

Packaging was strait forward as it was packed in a regular cardboard box and the razor rested in a precisely cut space to keep it from moving or jingling around during the shipment and travel ordeal. Nothing fancy or elaborate but, nicely packaged more for protection than looks. I have no issue at all with that. Initial feel in the hands was quite good with good knurling on the handle and a nice overall chromed finish. I believe the handle is chromed brass with the head & base plate assembly made of chromed zinc/zamak. Overall the finish is quite good for the price point which was $33 US dollars and another $11 US for shipping & postage For a grand total of $44 American greenbacks. Actually, a very good price for what the razor has initially turned out to be. Balance is just about right with an emphasis of weight slightly geared to the head of the razor, which for me is ideal. The adjustment goes from 1-6 with a nice firm movement and actually over clocks an additional 2.5 positions (unofficially a 8.5 on my razor) for a potential ride on the wilder side. As can be seen in the photos below it’s a 2 piece design with a turning knob at the bottom of the handle that loosens and tightens the top cap onto the base plate with one’s preferred blade installed. That knob stays connected to the razor a la Rex Ambassador and is not a razor that can be fully disassembled say like the Homelike Taiga. The handle is hollow and provides complete flow through of water so drying and cleaning of the razor is pretty quick and easy. Once a blade is installed, I have not seen any blade misalignment or looseness of the blade and total set up. Blade install is real straightforward by placing the blade on the underside of the cap and lugs and locking into the razor, 3 second procedure. Once tightened that blade is locked into place and ready to cut whiskers. I will say that once the blade was installed, I noticed that the blade isn’t completely supported further along closer to the cutting edge which led me to some potential concern of blade flexing or perhaps some slight chatter once the shave began. It was a moot point to be honest as the blade performed well in each of the shaves and never gave an inkling of flex or blade deflection in either ATG, WTG & XTG strokes/passes. Blade feel is consistent across the board in that there is feel at all times but, not overly so and the razor gives an overall very nice balance of being an efficient operator with better than average smoothness on face feel and shaving forgiveness. Don’t get me wrong as in the upper ranges say 5 and up, a mishap can happen just like with any razor that has moderate blade feel and a substantial blade gap. In essence though the razor does not give a menacing shave feel and though it’s just 3 shaves in, it’s an efficient and easy razor to dial in quite quickly. Learning curve is extremely minimal and attaining the correct cutting angle and feel is quite natural and/or intuitive. There isn’t really much to nitpick about at the moment as I’m still in the “honeymoon phase” of the early shave journey. Maybe the blade support thing can be an issue for some and on my particular razor the chrome plating on the base plate shows a bit of scaling or crystallization on its finish. Also, the thread feel on the loosening /tightening of the cap is not as smooth as others I’ve experienced. Not a deal breaker in the least but, there always has to be something where one can point a finger or two at. Oh, one more thing. The #’s on the adjustment indicator could have been filled in. As they are, they are just clear numbers though not hard to look at or find but, a nice black filling would have been sufficient and easier on the eyes. Longevity is a non issue at the moment as it’s only been less than a week and only time will tell how it will hold up to the rigors of everyday shaving use. So far though, I’m quite impressed with the overall quality and shave performance that this razor delivers. Does it feel like a Gibbs Reglable? No, just not quite. I consider that razor to be one of the best adjustables ever made even with the quirky drawback of the notched ends for the proprietary blades and the hollowed plastic handle. Nevertheless, the Final Cut from Yaqi is not a bad alternative so far and has proven (though still early) to be a very capable shaver. I just might consider grabbing a second one in the Slate Grey finish to have one that is more aesthetically pleasing and closer to the looks of the Legendary Gibbs. And for the low output of $$$, this could be the best alternative to that iconic razor. At least you don’t have to cut notches into your blade to use the Yaqi Adjustable. That’s a win already….

3A6CD0DD-7FC9-4392-A408-4FC511D5A87A.jpeg
67AD9500-EC95-40E6-B698-C3E916379152.jpeg
92B701B7-E224-4B6F-B20F-7D3FCEE361AC.jpeg
F1294177-A071-4E9F-9388-8BE63AB8F854.jpeg
3DF482A9-1255-42C1-A2E1-8C82B16A734A.jpeg
317A346E-8090-41B7-97D5-A459FE9DD579.jpeg
F6A1A2CA-0F30-477B-BA15-D03D18AE93A2.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A9E7286-F544-49D2-9C3F-FFA706026896.jpeg
    0A9E7286-F544-49D2-9C3F-FFA706026896.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
Sweet razor! And a fantastic review! I like the handle knurling!

Thanks amigo. For the money, it really is a heck of a deal. Especially now that they have a Slate Grey one coming soon which looks closer to the Gibbs. Definitely pulling the trigger on that one as it looks a bit more pleasing to my eye. Possibly take the all Chrome version and put that one up for a pass around. (y)

For the purpose of seeing what the The Final Cut razor can do or, more importantly, can this razor still shave effectively and still provide a comfy shave at its max setting? Basically, is the risk worth the trouble for a marginal acceptance in gain in relative shave terms? I had to find out just out of curiosity for my own shave purposes and just wanted to share what I came across and experienced with todays shave. Took the Yaqi adjustable and set it to as far as it would go and that is a full turn to setting #6+ nearly 3 full more gap sizes on top of the max #6 size setting. In essence the razor was set to nearly #9 but, fell short by a smidge so, I’ll just say it was a healthy 8.75 setting on the dial. Still kept the same Wilky Sword blade from the start as it still had some cutting legs from the last shave earlier this week. Shave is on with a full 3 days worth of whiskers to address.

At full tilt it’s an impressive looking gap and for a second or two I thought to myself “this is either going to be a feisty shave or all downhill from the get go”. Started WTG and went from the sideburn, mid-ear on down to the jawline before the bend towards my neck. And that felt very, very good with plenty of blade feel yet not harsh or abrasive. I still held the razor in a neutral like position, nor close to the cap nor the safety bar and it cut through the whiskers with authority. No blade flex or skipping on each one of the strokes as I cleared out both sides of my face and saw no red spots anywhere. Moved onto my neck and same WTG pass downward from jawline to say an imaginary line just below the Adam’s Apple on each side that culminates just underneath both earlobes on both left and right sides. Lost the angle just slightly on my left side closer to the Adam‘s Apple and felt a bit of harshness from the blade. Made the concerted effort to keep the angle at a neutral position and cleared out the rest of my neck with relative ease. A quick rinse and feel and not a red dot or nic anywhere. Decided to keep it at the max setting and go ATG to see if this would be a make or break pass. Reversed everything and started at the bottom of my neck moving upwards towards the jawline and on up the cheeks/sideburn area. I made sure not to go over any area that I’d just passed without soap as the blade feel is significant but, not terrifyingly so. Slow and methodical approach sort of like shaving with an Ikon Tech or Asylum RX. Easy and steady strokes which was perhaps a bit on the more cautious side as this razor does not exhibit the potentially skin ripping or gouging action that either one of those two razors that I mentioned can do and that’s being extremely careful with those legendary whisker whackers. You can be on point with those two and still pay the price, I know as I’ve sacrificed a few spots on my epidermis to qualm the shave gods. No bueno. Anyhow, I finished my shave with The Final Cut without much fanfare minus that spot that I had mentioned earlier near the Adam’s Apple and a corner of my mouth where a tiny weeper showed itself. But, I was done in two with nothing else to move on. A rinse and feel left no doubt that this was a BBS finish that rivaled some of the best I’ve ever given myself. Did a full alum pass and felt the slightest of heat at the spot mentioned near Sir Adam and dabbed the corner of my mouth where that weeper sprang up. No irritation anywhere else and my face was feeling pretty darn good. I think the Wilky has seen it’s last shave as somewhere during the second pass, I felt that the blade was just starting to get fickle with me and I felt the slightest in tugging in a couple spots. Still it managed to finish the job exceptionally well and that was 5 solid shaves from it. Not bad in my book.

How did it feel? Compared to the Ikon Tech or Asylum RX it was an easier razor to use and manage around my face though, that doesn’t mean it’s an easy shaver at that max setting. It’s easier than the other two razors and yet it gives a near identical quality shave that was without question more comfortable. The real question though is, is it really necessary for one to take it there in the first place? And are there significant gains for one approaching that level of performance from this razor? Yes and no. In the no you have to understand that the settings between 1-6 will be more that sufficient for the far majority of shavers out there with some of those in that group probably never seeing anything past setting #4. It is that efficient (of course depending on growth, hair thickness and skin sensitivities) and quite smooth in giving real close and comfortable shaves. The yes well, I say this with the knowledge in knowing there are a few out there like myself that like to test their own skill set and performance of a said razor. At the same time, there are shavers out there that prefer a 1 to 2 pass shave to save time and potentially avoid skin irritation from multiple passes. These last two reasons would also have to employ shavers with sound technique to exploit performance advantages that a particular razor exhibits or is inherently designed into the razor for those with the curiosity to explore.

In the end, you get a razor that shaves exceptionally well from 1 to whatever setting is your max on The Final Cut from Yaqi. It actually shaves reasonably well at the 1 setting which for me is almost nonexistent with only one other razor in my den that gives me that same performance which is the Rocnel Sailor ‘21 (and of course at a significantly higher cost as compared to the Yaqi but, the precision and make up of the Sailor has to be accounted for as well and I see it as justifiable for what it brings to the shave realm) as nothing else can do that for me in the adjustable razor grouping. 5 shaves in and it has given me some of the best shaves rivaling the more expensive and so called “heavy hitters” in razor wet shave land. And all that for $44 total, shipped. Yes, Brass & Zinc construction but, the price is more than just right and is actually a bargain for what it brings to the table. If we’re going to compare apples to apples, it shaves as good as a Progress/Mergress and throw in the Parker Variant as well while providing a bit more cutting prowess to those if one needs a bit more oomph in their shave routine.

For the money and the proverbial price/performance ratio addict, this is about as good as it’s going to get in the adjustable category. Very good balance, great feel in hand with ease of use by just turning a knob, has a slimmer head profile than either the Progress & Variant and it covers the blade tabs for those that consider that an important factor in acquiring a razor.

Third time was the charm for Yaqi. It’s just a good deal on a good razor, period.

Great shaves to all….
9C181E41-6FE0-40CF-A78B-E9C9747AAAE5.jpeg

Looks like it’s sold out. May look into it when the next version come available.

For the sake of conversation & comparison of these two razors, I decided to pit them against each other just to see how similar or different these razors are. They are both similar in appearance & design and are distinctly different in alloy & construction. As I’ve stated before in my previous posts, they are very close to one another in feel with almost equal balance with the exception that the Rex holds a substantial lead in the handles knurling as I believe it to be the best in the industry, not just in class alone. The tactile feel that it provides during the soapiest of shaves is unequaled in my experience. Not that the Yaqi TFC is lacking in grip, it is quite good but, the smoother finish & chroming of the handle is not as direct or tactile at the touch compared to the Rex. Still, unless one is all thumbs I don’t see anyone or the far majority of shavers having an issue with the TFC’s knurling.

47CA27B2-19C6-4891-91FE-A81B4448CF3C.jpeg

50E3A5E8-30A6-4519-9896-56FE83D73DFD.jpeg

Another thing that needs to be stated is very key and is critical in this shave comparison. And that is the number of shaves that I have with the Yaqi TFC. This will only be the 7th shave with it as compared to the well over a 100 shaves that I have with the Rex. I’ve had the Rex in my shave den since 2018, 4 years this coming June. The shaves with the Rex are 2nd nature to me as muscle memory takes over and my accustomization with the Rex Ambassador is practically an extension of myself. Personally, I’m not of the thought that if a razor doesn’t cut it in its first 3-5 shaves, it’s a goner. I always give a razor anywhere between 10-15 shaves to potentially get myself properly acquainted with its shave characteristics. Many don’t think that way and that is fine with me. Every razor is designed differently with specific shave geometry as to what the designer believed to be an optimal tool for shave performance. Many a wet shaver both young & old have missed out on some pretty amazing shave tools in both the vintage and modern groups because it didn’t shave as well compared to their tried and trued razors or reasoning of I’m a cap riding shaver, neutral position or guard believer or basically, their specific technique in short. And again, I have no argument against how one wants to shave or is their preferred method of shaving regardless of skill or technique that they are anchored in to. Enough and onto the shave itself.

For today I used the always great (for me) WSP Olympus soap & splash. It’s a great performing combo with a scent that is very similar to Creed Aventus. The eau de parfum just finishes off the ensemble extremely well. Grabbed one of the better blades in the business (top 10 in my list) the always reliable Gillette Platinum’s. Consistently sharp, smooth and above average in durability. Installed a fresh blade into each one, built my lather up to a smooth & creamy consistency and went to work. Rex on the right, TFC on the left. Both razors were set to #6 on the dial as that’s the max setting for the Rex Ambassador and wanted to keep all things as fair as possible. Decided regardless of the outcome, each razor will get 3 passes on their respective sides and if needed a touch up or buff with the one that proves to be the better performer for this match up.

WTG 1st pass from the top of the sideburns to the bottom of the neck was the Ambassador and as always it just gives excellent feedback with above average smoothness and feel. Went right through a little over a days worth of growth with relative ease, comfort & efficiency. Efficiency to me is the effectiveness of a razor while performing each successive pass while reducing whiskers effectively and comfortably. Your definition may be different, this is mine and my criteria alone. Finished off the face, neck and half of the chin with ease with much of the hair reduced to skin level. Grabbed the TFC and to its side and it went about its business. From stroke one, it was apparent that the Ambassador felt slightly smoother than the TFC though, not by much. Still a good easy feel on the face that brought down the whiskers with near identical action as compared to the Ambassador. Unfortunately, I nicked myself on the left side of my Adam’s Apple as I was flipping or turning the razor to its other side and in my haste I caught a tiny corner of the razor before being flush on the skin and oops. It happens and as usual, operator error and nothing to do with the razor itself. Stuck my alum stick there for about 30 seconds, a non issue for the rest of the shave. Minus that a great first pass that was nearly identical in results on both sides. Rinsed and got ready for pass 2.

ATG 2nd pass from the bottom of the neck working upwards. Got the Ambassador and set it to #4 and away I went. Great smooth strokes with the Ambassador & the GP combo. Easy movement and feel from transitioning from the neck, jawline and onto the face with nearly automatic like precision. Unfortunately, I broke one of my own rules in working with the Ambassador. I never go over a spot without lathering it as the Rex quite literally removes every trace of soap, even one as good as the WSP Olympus with tallow. I went over a spot or two without dipping for digits in water or soap and I felt a bit more blade while simultaneously giving me a couple of red dots near the corners of my mouth just under the end of the stache. The Rex does NOT forgive if you don’t have any soap or decent amount of residual slickness for a quick re-pass. It’s like very few other razors in my den that do this such as the Ikon Tech, Evo SS & R41 ‘11. With the Ambassador I believe it to be the positive blade exposure & the design of the safety bar that contributes to this “dry face, no soap phenomena” after a pass. Truthfully, I can’t give a certain reason or a coherent and logical explanation on why the Ambassador does this but, in my estimation it’s an inherent anomaly (design flaw? Don’t know either) that is unknowingly designed into the razor. It is what it is, period. Went to the TFC with the same methodical approach to the shave on pass two. Also brought it down to setting #4 and the smoothness was much closer to the Ambassador as it showed from the very first strokes ATG. Easy and effortless as I continued on upward clearing out the whiskers with good audible feedback and feel. No mishaps on the TFC side and more importantly, I can actually do a quick re-pass as the grooves on the safety bar actually leaves some good residual slickness behind to allow that action if needed. A quick face rinse and feel and I was at a DFS level if I wanted to stop right there. Both sides identical in feel and to the touch, my fingers felt ever so slightly spots around Sir Adam and at the ridge of the jawline just under my earlobes on each side. I said 3 passes regardless and basically this was going to be a touch up pass and slight buff if needed. Yes, I’m a sick and demented BBS chaser. On to pass three.

XTG 3rd pass and touch ups. Brought the Ambassador down to #2.5ish and went from ear to the chin on its side of the face. Buttery smooth and still effectively efficient in cleaning up any stragglers and the spot around the Adams Apple that needed clearing on its side. Usually, I have some lather on the off hand to dab my face with during touch ups and such instead of always reaching for the brush and reapplying the suds. It’s quicker for me this way and I’m used to doing it plus, I’ll move some lather from one spot to another as needed if available to keep the razor from stopping. Continuous motion is my method to this madness. It works. All done and smooth as a baby’s bottom. Went to the TFC and brought it down to 2.5 as well and proceeded with the same routine on its side as I did with the Ambassador side. Smooth yet not as smooth as the Ambassador was. Still extremely easy on the face with an ease of use that is equal if not better to the Ambassador. Cleared out all the spots it needed to do and no stragglers left behind. No mishaps except for a tiny red dot that appeared directly under my left earlobe that I did not feel. Maybe an extra stroke or two without enough residual slickness or exerted a bit of unnecessary pressure during that last clean up pass. Who knows to be honest but, it happens and you just chalk it up to part of the sacrifice to appease the shave gods. What else can I tell you? Next was the alum pass for gauging skin feel and irritation plus it helps with the nics & weepers in sealing them up and closing the pores on the skin. As I knew there was some slight heat near the corner of my mouth on the Ambassador side and a tinge of it near the top of the ear where I finish off the sideburn. Neck was excellent as were the jawline & cheeks. Same for the TFC side as it was pretty much the same with just a touch of irritation near the Adams Apple and right were that final red dot appeared under the ear. Everywhere else was flawless. Smooth and leathery feel like was my face & neck that was soft and supple to the touch. Finished it with some witches brew and the splash, done deal.

The shave feel on both sides is nearly identical. Extremely close and extremely comfortable feel 10 minutes after the shave. Can’t pick a winner based on results but, I can pick one based on the shave feel and the process. The Rex Ambassador felt a bit better in the hands with that superb knurling and the efficient smoothness that I have come to expect every-time I put it into use. I haven’t felt drag from this razor since my first 2-3 shaves with it many moons ago. Again, I attribute that to my knowledge of its shave characteristics, muscle memory and my nearly secondhand nature of knowing what it does. The Yaqi TFC is right behind it in shave feel & performance wise is up to the standard of what the Ambassador has been doing for some time. It’s still early and I still believe the TFC has more to reveal to me in the next weeks and months that I’ll have to shave with it. What really is the key here though is that for roughly 1/10th of the cost of the Rex Ambassador, the Yaqi TFC practically duplicated the shave results of its much more expensive counterpart with relative ease. Perhaps not as smooth or polished as the Rex Ambassador but, damn near close. Additionally, one can look at it and say well, the clear winner is the Yaqi TFC as it gave the same desired results at a substantially lower price. And I wouldn’t argue that point either. I should say vehemently to take what you read here with a healthy helping of salt. This is just my particular experience and findings as of this moment. Everyone should and will have a different point of view with some agreeing and others disagreeing with what I’ve posted here.

I enjoyed my shave with the Rex more today, by a toenails clippings. It’s robustly produced and has a premium feel to it that the TFC does not have or exude. That has some significance to me as all things being equal, it should outlast the TFC by a wide margin. And yet I’m enjoying the crap out of this Yaqi razor as it continues to impress. No bells & whistles, no exotic alloy composition or a well known artisan name behind it. Made of economically sourced alloy hybrids that is very economically priced in todays razor price/affordability wars. On pure performance, it hangs with the Ambassador and I wouldn’t doubt it hanging with any of the other big boys in the group. Sleeper or Giant killer of 2021/2022? Maybe. We’ll just have to wait and see. Once more shavers have this model in their hands and get experience with it, more can be told on how it fares in wet shave land.

Great shaves to all and a Happy 2022…. 👍

Great comparison - and it goes to show that you can have a luxurious shave - not matter what the price point in this hobby!

Great comparison - and it goes to show that you can have a luxurious shave - not matter what the price point in this hobby!

Absolutely. Just 3 requirements. 1.Skill/Technique (which also entails repetition that leads to good muscle memory traits) must be sound which is 50% of the shave. 2. Good prep regimen that is consistent from shave to shave which is 25% of the shave. 3. A good shaving implement/tool. Doesn’t have to be expensive, exotic or unobtanium. A tool of decent quality & function rounds out the final 25% of the shave. Simple to be honest but, man do we overthink and over analyze every single detail to practical exhaustion. Us wet shavers, weez a fickle bunch at times…. (y)

I used the TFC on 4 for an exceptional 2 pass shave plus a bit of buffing on the chin. Used a fresh Ladas Super Stainless blade without a single mishap. No irritation, nics or cuts to report of from this extremely affordable yet giant killer of a razor. Easily one of the best $25-$45 investments in shaving hardware a wet shaver can spend. Now, I’m not saying you can throw everything else you have out the window once this competent piece arrives but, it gives comparatively great shaves to other adjustables with a more prestigious name AND a higher price tag. I love my other adjustable razors but, the Yaqi TFC can hang just alongside them just as well, thank you very much.

6AE325B4-259F-47C6-93DB-733581B9CC24.jpeg

Was going to start a new thread on the all brass version but, decided not to as there isn’t much attention for it and it would just be an unnecessary topic as this one here already exists.

First shave with the TFC All Brass and a real good one. Good weight and feel with a premium edge to it. The adjustment dial was pretty much precise with a starting position just left to the 1. Once the blade was installed a Gillette 7 O’Clock SP (Black Ninja) it was dead on it. Equal blade exposure on each side with a rigid/secure lockdown of the blade all the way around. Full turn all the way around back to one so it doesn’t get as wild as the Zamac version but, there is still plenty of adjustment for nearly everyone’s tastes. 2 good and efficient feeling passes set at 4 & 3 respectively with a buff around Sir Adam and the chin to get me to a real nice BBS finish. I agree with another shave member here @Clouds with his observation on the semi drag like type feel of the razor on skin. Not much but, it has that type of feel to it. I had the same thing with my Rex Ambassador at the start and with a subtle change in technique and use, it’s practically nonexistent. See the same here with the TFC Brass.

Good first shave. I’ll get a few more in to get a real sense of what it can do and see how it stacks up with the class leaders in the adjustable realm. Early 1st take assessment? Looks promising.

Great shaves to all….

617C727D-324F-443B-9C4E-FF978530CBC6.jpeg

Got on with shave #2 this morning with the TFC Brass. Same Gillette SP blade and geared up with the Ethos Blood Orange soap. Good Lord this soap is so authentic smelling. It literally bursts out of the jar with a natural Blood Orange scent and nothing more. Absolutely fantastic and the suds well, simply phenomenal that leaves a face feel that is second to none. And the Fresco splash is just magnificent with a lime oriented scent. Anyways, how did the TFC do? Very, very well indeed. Just a slight adjustment on angle, just barely touching the safety bar and a light touch. As has been said in the razor universe, “let the weight of the razor and the natural laws of physics, (all gravity here) do the work.” It’s a heavy razor that is actually balanced quite well almost neutral like but, it is geared in weight towards the business end of the razor. And that’s how it should be. Smooth and easy passes (2) WTG & ATG with a buff around the Adam’s Apple. A shave member posted on another shave forum that if Yaqi had left the serrations (lather cut outs as in the chrome version) on the safety bar it could have helped in allowing a bit of flow through of lather and reducing that bit of drag if not outright eliminating it. I agree. Still, the shave was excellent and the drag less noticeable from that of shave #1. The result was as good a shave as from its older sibling, TFC Chrome and rivaled equally results from my Rex Ambasador. Very impressed with this razor and its first two shaves.

Great shaves to all…

5FD7C402-375E-46E8-8399-5B31CFAFCAD9.jpeg

My third shave with the Brass TFC and nothing different to report other than an excellent shave again. 3rd use of the Gillette 7 O’clock SP and this razor/blade combo hit its stride. Two great passes and a final touch up on the chin and the Pampers baby buttocks couldn’t be smoother than my middle aged mug. One tiny weeper on the corner of the stache and that was it. I have to admit that the protection & slickness from Declaration Grooming soap Sellout was top tier in performance and aided in giving the TFC an easy foundation to glide on. Spectacular stuff really. Anyhow, started on 4 and left it there for the duration of the shave. Irritation free & incident free minus that tiny weeper. Not much to complain about so far. Ride out the rest of the week with it and give a light summation by the weekend. Looks like a great week of shaves ahead.

Great shaves to all….

29CB2BED-D065-4028-8F5E-684D2BF54FEA.jpeg

Opened it up to 6 this evening on 2 days growth. Not that it was needed but, more to see how it would feel opened up near its max setting. Still had the Gillette 7 O’Clock SP installed as it still felt great from the last shave. Pulled out the XXX Fresco set up from Razorock and it was a heck of a shave. 2 passes, a brief touch up on the chin and it was over. Astoundingly I found that the TFC felt smoother at the 6 setting. Of course there was noticeably more blade feel but, I felt no drag of any kind nor the feel that it would bite as long as I maintained some focus. No irritation, nics, cuts nor a single weeper. BBS finish from face to neck with that smooth almost rubbery face feel. Best shave by far of the 4 to date. This razor brings it gents and I haven’t much to complain about yet.

Great shaves to all….

49F71A78-0C80-4656-8FF2-7C4598006A68.jpeg

A nice shave this evening with the Brass TFC paired with a Gillette Minora. Easy and smooth that resulted in a BBS finish in 2.5 passes. Not a single mishap or irritation anywhere to be felt as the alum pass was free and clear of any heat on the skin. Just a real good shave that had me feeling and smelling like a Million Buck$. Very worthy razor in my hands and not a single thing to complain about. Well, now that I think about it, I wish it had nicely darkened numbers and a painted in marker just to make it easier on the eyes. Knurling would have been nice too. But, I’m just nitpicking here as those things are more aesthetically geared and in my estimation has no bearing on the razor’s overall performance which is great.

Now off with my best Ladies (daughters) for some fine wine (Lagers for me) & dine. Best part is, I’m not driving… :love:

2298AAF5-703D-4BBD-AC6B-AB3F66780F7E.jpeg

Back