The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dungeon presents

Smattayu

"The TSC's Comic Book Savant"
Legacy
Hobbyist
Some shaving brushes made for The Gentlemen's Chamber, and the first products to come out of the workshop. There have been a few since, and hopefully many more in the future. Many thanks to you all for your kind words and support. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next, and hope that it includes numerous and diverse exotic woods and enough CA to encase an elephant.

Very cool, good to see your stuff getting out there in the public.

Thanks guys! Still have a blast down there. Even spending half an hour prepping blanks for both brushes and bowls is fun.

You have become proficient in working a lathe Eric. What I always found challenging was making more than one piece look cool. Making one piece is easy, replication that piece into multiples is the challenge, at least for me. I stopped after a salt and pepper shaker set. Table legs seemed to be a bridge too far.

You do beautiful work, Eric!

"....enough CA to encase an elephant" LOL!
1f602.png

Thanks guys! I'm still barely past a novice, but turning things on the lathe is a great pastime, and learning new things on it is a blast. There is always a little variation from one handle to another. Table legs will be in the works eventually, as some may be needed at work in the next few months.

Back