The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The discontinued items you wish you'd purchased...

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
We all have them.... I’ll go first:
• Irisch Moose shaving soap
• Crabtree & Evelyn Aftershaves
• Art of Shaving Lavender shaving soap (tallow version)
• Any Valobra Shaving Soap
• Fine Accoutrements Sandalwood
• Haslinger Schafmilch Tallow
• Noxzema Lather Shaving Cream

A case of Ivy Club Spice aftershave. Yeah its simple, but it was $2 and awesome.

Also the C.O. Bigelow green and red balms. Loved those.

SCS - Fairway! The whole line: soaps, aftershave & balm, and cologne. I deeply miss this, and my soap only has a couple shaves left.

SCS - Fairway! The whole line: soaps, aftershave & balm, and cologne. I deeply miss this, and my soap only has a couple shaves left.
What was the story with that? I know you've mentioned Fairway in the past.

What was the story with that? I know you've mentioned Fairway in the past.
What story? It’s just a great scent, unlike anything else out there, and a favorite scent of many. Very much missed when Wendy stopped making soap. There’s. Very small chance she make make soap again. I very much hope so!

What story? It’s just a great scent, unlike anything else out there, and a favorite scent of many. Very much missed when Wendy stopped making soap. There’s. Very small chance she make make soap again. I very much hope so!
Just about the maker and brand, I don't know anything about them.

Saint Charles Shave has been shuttered for several years already, sad deal... I loved their soaps. I still have the SCS Soap for Hope, a rose absolute scented soap. I bring it out for special occasions.

Very long story. Cliff Notes:

St. Charles Shave. From St. Charles, Missouri. One of the original artisan soap makers. (One of The Three Sues) Sue Moore, passed away from breast cancer, and B&B does there annual charity auction in her memory. Her daughter Wendy took over the business until life got in the way and had to put business on indefinite pause.

Very long story. Cliff Notes:

St. Charles Shave. From St. Charles, Missouri. One of the original artisan soap makers. (One of The Three Sues) Sue Moore, passed away from breast cancer, and B&B does their annual charity auction in her memory. Her daughter Wendy took over the business until life got in the way and had to put business on indefinite pause.
That's one of a few things at B&B that is still good to support is the charity auction. I go check it out each year because of what the auction stands for !!
Edit. @Spider or @CBLSoap.com / @CBLindsay Do we know if anyone has tried to recreate any of her soaps?

Last edited:
Hasslinger tallow soaps and Floid Blue are the ones I kick myself for not trying before they were discontinued.

Also wish I would have tried some of the Vito's aftershaves sooner.

Really like the scent of their amber that I got here. But can't find it anywhere now.

Last edited:

100% this. I miss Valobra, AoS Tallow Sandalwood, and the original Schafmilch, but the one that truly is just about irreplaceable is SCS Fairway. I have a tin and matching A/S that sit buried in my unobtanium box and they get brought out during Master's Week only.

I have @CBLindsay 's Faraway on the list to pick up next order from CBL and hope that it's close to this classic.

Just used Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme last night.

Man, I wish I had jumped on the sale they ran. Kicking myself for not stocking up more. What a great scent!

I hope they have a change of heart and bring the scent back. Even if they do, I hear poor things about the new base.

Back