The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Different Feather Artist Blades

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
I have had the luxury to use all of the Feather Artist blades and most of the Kai blades.

Due to their price I recommend ordering from here first http://tryablade.com/artistclub before investing in a lot of blades.

Also here is graphic that has floated around on the internet for awhile. Yes it does not include all of the Feather Artist options however it does include what I refer to as the big 4.

Great find on the graphic! I didn’t even know there were more options? I’ve only ever seen those 4 from Feather.

I think I've only ever used the Pros. I'm pretty sure I have a pack of Dorco injectors as well.

I have tried

Feather:
Pro
Pro Super
Pro Guard

Kai:
Titan Mild Pink
Guarded one but I can’t remember the name

Schick:
P-30

all are nice but performance is very very different imo from one razor to another

I forgot to mention the Schick ones. I need to try those

I never knew that Schick made injectors of that size.

They are fairly new i believe KJ. I didn't find out about them until Spike at the other place did his blade reviews. Then a couple other guys started talking them up. I grabbed a couple 30 packs on the bay for 18$ each. not a bad value in an AC style blade.

Dang it, I’m still confused. AC and injector blades are two different things and don’t fit in the same razors. Yes or no?

Dang it, I’m still confused. AC and injector blades are two different things and don’t fit in the same razors. Yes or no?

Feather AC blades are injected into the feather razor.

Ok, an injector razors take what type of blades? AC?

They are both injector blades. There are two different size of injector blades. Schick-style razors (Schick, Gillette, Personna, etc) take the smaller ones, and Feather-style razors (Cobra, Mongoose, General, etc) take the bigger ones.

Most people don't think about the Feather blades being injectors, because most razors that use them, get loaded by hand, or in a non-injectory way. But they are designed to be injected into the Feather Artist Club razors.

Back