The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Death of an R/C B2 Bomber

Back in high school, I did R/C planes. I took my grandpa out once when he was visiting to show him. Being a pilot back in the day himself, he insisted on flying it. I warned him that it has nothing to do with being a pilot because your controls get reversed when it's flying toward you as opposed to when it's flying away. Of course, he can handle it he says so I gave him the controls. Long story short, my hand-built plane ended up in a high-speed full-power dive with the engine screaming until there was dead silence when it hit the ground behind a tree line. We come upon it to find it buried vertically into a very soft plowed field about 6" into the dirt. Every rib of the wings had been jammed forward out of the skin breaking the spar. And thus ended that plane.

I need that kit, just to have it as a model. The details on that was pretty spot on.

Back