The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The constroption..

jgreenepa

TSC's "Velveteen Shaver"
At Matt’s request I‘m starting a thread on my constroption, a four sided pasted stropping tool with 4 levels of graduated pastes (0.5 microns, 0.25 microns, 0.1 microns, 0.05 microns). I purchased mine from Howard Schlecter of www.thePerfectEdge.com. I use it (10 strokes per side) after every straight shave daily. Recently, I‘ve begun incorporating a Swaty hone (2 drops of Smith’s honing oil and about 10-15 strokes) prior to the constroption to compensate for the dulling effect flatblading has on my straight edges. It’s working well for me! What are your thoughts.B79EE4F7-09F6-4F74-A76A-593CC27D4E11.jpeg

That’s pretty cool, I have several friends, like @RhoCurly who incorporate pasted balsa strops into their setups, but not to this effect. It looks like it would keep things partly tidy and more convenient and substantial than stacking them up and pasting to blocks of wood.

This reaffirms my interest in pasted balsa!

Thanks much for the post.

Anyone else have any experience with these?

Back