The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The BEAST

Good morning! I had to break out the R41 this morning since I just got a nice new tub of Tabac. A DFS 3 pass. Any other guys use The BEAST?

Not anymore. My Techs are just as effective so why risk the cuts and irritation with the 41?

Lol, I used to call my Fatip Piccolo “The Beast” when I first got it. Never used a r41 before though. I think that’s way too far out of my comfort zone. The Piccolo is just tolerable enough for me.

I have the post-2013 R41 and really enjoy it as well as the Fatip Piccolo. I get great shaves from both of them.

I had an R41 (2013) a while back, but got rid of it because it was a mild and boring shaver. I guess I was expecting it to live up to some reputation which it did not. I found the Pearl L55 and this guy to be more Beast Mode (where you get an efficient shave, but really feel it):

I had an R41 (2013) a while back, but got rid of it because it was a mild and boring shaver. I guess I was expecting it to live up to some reputation which it did not. I found the Pearl L55 and this guy to be more Beast Mode (where you get an efficient shave, but really feel it):

Wow! That looks intense!

I used an R41 for a while and it was fun to own. It was plenty aggressive, but just not a smooth shaver for me. I now have an Ikon Tech which is a bit more aggressive than the R41 (IMO) and gives me a smoother shave.

Back