The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sushi

Before going for our afternoon walk today, we went to a local sushi bar for lunch. My wife previously lived a somewhat 'sheltered' life in the Midwest, with very little food exploration; and until we met and married 15 years ago, there were many foods she had never tried, including sushi. Today was her first time having it, so it was fun to see her experience the fish, sticky rice, wasabi, and pickled ginger. And she liked it! We'll definitely go back in the future. We were amazed that we were the only customers there for the whole time, despite the restaurant getting rave reviews on Yelp.
AWoATVB.png

Before going for our afternoon walk today, we went to a local sushi bar for lunch. My wife previously lived a somewhat 'sheltered' life in the Midwest, with very little food exploration; and until we met and married 15 years ago, there were many foods she had never tried, including sushi. Today was her first time having it, so it was fun to see her experience the fish, sticky rice, wasabi, and pickled ginger. And she liked it! We'll definitely go back in the future. We were amazed that we were the only customers there for the whole time, despite the restaurant getting rave reviews on Yelp.
AWoATVB.png
nice appetizer!

That's the problem with sushi...It takes eating an embarrassing amount of it to fill me.
We have an All-You-Can - Eat for 29.95 So one time we decided to see what it would have cost if we paid regular pricing based on our average Sushi consumption..... $439.00 per person.... So @The Monkey I totally get what you are saying

We have a Chinese buffet, that actually has some good sushi. So we can get all you can eat for like $17. But when we go to my favorite sushi place we definitely spend a lot more than that, lol. Love me some sushi.

Back