The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SuperCurve Hollow Bevel Honing

Bill M

"Gentleman Shaver Bill"
Hobbyist
Greetings, My name is Bill and I may be contacted here at TSC or at inkdoctor@aol.com.
I hone razors using a method I call SuperCurve, which is derived from techniques documented around 1840 that uses shaped hones to push the razor steel edge to its thinnest limits.

54149E53-6331-4E4E-B314-3C11DA8B4AA0.jpeg

It is not my desire to become a hone for hire, but rather help others in this unique style. I have honed razors under the “Free for Friends, or Not at All” in the past and have had requests for my work with the insistence that they pay for this as a service.

To accommodate folks in an evaluation or development phase of this honing style, I currently accept that on a Gentleman's Agreement policy, recipients of my honing make a commitment to a generous donation towards charity as a form of payment.

I do not offer repairs or handle wedge type razors and showcase queens.

WELCOME Bill Good to have your expertise here on the Hobbyist Section, Glad to have you onboard to give and show alternative styles. Again Welcome!, as I am sure the TSC members will Agree!

Congrats Bill !!!! I may very well be contacting you soon.... I have been interested in trying a razor honed like you do....

Welcome to the Hobbyists, Bill! I’ve been curious about that style of honing for a while, and look forward to more info on it. Time permitting I’d like to set up a couple of my stones and make a balsa strip to try it out.

Experimenting with a homemade modern rendition of a barber’s hone.

Reportedly made from Unicorn Grease, Unobtainium and Vampire Feathers.

Uh yeah…I dropped it and chipped some off

Greetings, My name is Bill and I may be contacted here at TSC or at inkdoctor@aol.com.
I hone razors using a method I call SuperCurve, which is derived from techniques documented around 1840 that uses shaped hones to push the razor steel edge to its thinnest limits.

View attachment 102375

It is not my desire to become a hone for hire, but rather help others in this unique style. I have honed razors under the “Free for Friends, or Not at All” in the past and have had requests for my work with the insistence that they pay for this as a service.

To accommodate folks in an evaluation or development phase of this honing style, I currently accept that on a Gentleman's Agreement policy, recipients of my honing make a commitment to a generous donation towards charity as a form of payment.

I do not offer repairs or handle wedge type razors and showcase queens.
Morning Bill,

Attached files you requested

Attachments

• Butcher_Works_Panels_1-7.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Bill,
Attached photos of a few of the shaving brushes and DE razor stands I’ve made recently. If you were in the UK I’d send you one, cost of shipping is very expensive to the States.
Regards
Dave

Attachments

• DF500444-5DB8-44F9-B59D-91BCDD0B5F3B.jpeg
    DF500444-5DB8-44F9-B59D-91BCDD0B5F3B.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 5
  • A8C9C746-6BE1-49A4-893E-05A5F55ED50B.jpeg
    A8C9C746-6BE1-49A4-893E-05A5F55ED50B.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 5
  • B33F5F01-BBAC-480E-B5CD-95C51A89118A.jpeg
    B33F5F01-BBAC-480E-B5CD-95C51A89118A.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 59F3B284-3DDD-4203-9FA6-A45032B2FC43.jpeg
    59F3B284-3DDD-4203-9FA6-A45032B2FC43.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5
Lovely turning work Dave. I’m afraid if I swam over for one it could get waterlogged in the return swim. Thanks for sharing.
I know you’re not here to market but please be careful talking about things for sale, the Forum has rules to protect against those who actually have a predatory motive.
Bill

I know you’re not here to market but please be careful talking about things for sale, the Forum has rules to protect against those who actually have a predatory motive.
Bill
Very true there Mr. Bill... If that were his / their motive I think he / they shpuld speak with the owners about becoming a vendor or something........ I use pronouns not to be PC but I know Businesses are typically refered to as their / they....

Bill,
Attached photos of a few of the shaving brushes and DE razor stands I’ve made recently. If you were in the UK I’d send you one, cost of shipping is very expensive to the States.
Regards
Dave

Lovely turning work Dave. I’m afraid if I swam over for one it could get waterlogged in the return swim. Thanks for sharing.
Bill
Those are very nice brushes BTW.....

Back