The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Super Bowl LII...you will be hard pressed to find ANYONE in Louisiana watching it!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Just like the title says...

Since the NFC playoff game between the Saints and the Rams and that incredibly awful missed Pass Interference call...most of Louisiana will NOT be watching the Super Bowl this year. Seriously...fans are still talking about how the Saints were slighted. You can't escape it here. It is being discussed and argued in places you would never believe. Turn on the radio for morning traffic update, "We have a small fender bender on I-10 near the split...and I hope the ref that made that horrible call goes to hell." No joke...heard that on the radio one morning...and it was well after the game. The topic is even being tossed around on conservative programming like PBS or NPR. Local children's programming isn't immune either. And if I had to guess...it won't die down for some time.

I myself am not much of an NFL guy. I watch a game from time to time and I will cheer on the home team. But I mostly follow the careers of former LSU players. But either way...I am in solidarity with my brothers and sisters who live for the Saints. Yup...I will not be watching the Super Bowl today...not even for the commercials!

Well, that's because the Eagles won Super Bowl LII.
1f60f.png

But seriously, I used to think the people who said the league was rigged were just a bunch of conspiracy theory crackpots, but after that no-call, I'm beginning to wonder if there's some truth to it. It's not just that one ref made a bad call; the whole crew missed an egregious pass interference penalty.

Well, that's because the Eagles won Super Bowl LII.
1f60f.png

But seriously, I used to think the people who said the league was rigged were just a bunch of conspiracy theory crackpots, but after that no-call, I'm beginning to wonder if there's some truth to it. It's not just that one ref made a bad call; the whole crew missed an egregious pass interference penalty.

My Father-in-Law has always contended ever since I have known him that the NFL is rigged. I always just dismissed him and let him say his peace. But like you...after that "no call," i too wonder. And you are right...it wasn't just that one ref...the rest of them did nothing also!

I'm taking my family to the aquarium instead of watching. Should be a bit slower than normal

I’m watching Westworld Season 2 today. But I don’t have a way to watch the bowl anyway, without going somewhere else.

Love bad lip reading videos, they never get old.

I used to keep the game on for the half time show and cool commercials but for the last couple years i’ve Not even done that much. The whole thing has gotten too gimmicky. I am tempted to tune in to this one only because word on the street is i’m supposed to boycott it for some reason. Would I be boycotting if i wasn’t going to watch it anyway?

Well heck, this will only be the 2nd game I watch this season. Don’t care who wins but it’s a family event now.

anyone going to watch the new league that starts next week?

The AAF?

anyone going to watch the new league that starts next week?

The AAF?

Might watch it from time to time. But with college basketball in full conference swing...that is my priority for sports watching right now.

I thought it was a great game...I don't know what y'all were watching; or boycotting in some cases.

Back