The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Succès Shave Soap back in stock!

UPDATE:

Succès Shave soap is back in stock and this is the firmest soap I've made so far as I play with the Mango butter to Shea butter ratios.

Great Shaves all!!!

Frank

View attachment 41154
Frank, after using your previous version of Succes over the course of a couple of months, there is no doubt in my mind you have the best Aventus type scented soap in the business. Well done! It will be a while before I use up my 7 oz supply but hopefully, the other scents I purchase in the days to come will be in your new firmer base. Best wishes for continued Succes.

Frank, after using your previous version of Succes over the course of a couple of months, there is no doubt in my mind you have the best Aventus type scented soap in the business. Well done! It will be a while before I use up my 7 oz supply but hopefully, the other scents I purchase in the days to come will be in your new firmer base. Best wishes for continued Succes.
Thank you sir and I’m slowly working on firming up the soap without effecting the overall performance. This latest batch has about as much firmness as I can get out of changing the percentage of Shea Butter to Mango Butter but a well known soap maker friend of mine gave me a little tip that should make the next batch even firmer and not effect the performance and will allow me to scent at a lower heat level so I won’t get as much burn off as I would when using certain types of essential oils like top note citrus’s for example.
An thanks for the encouraging words and support! It’s much appreciated.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t mind getting some of this in the 4 ounce jar. Will it be available in that size soon?

Back