The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight Razor Honing Videos

This thread can be used for posting any honing videos across the spectrum of stones and methods. Post your honing videos and process.
I enjoy your honing videos. But for someone interested in honing I would like to see you talk about your stones. What you have, what you like, your progression, what you've learned being self taught. An introduction to honing Stones if you will. I want to get started but not sure which direction to take since there is such a variety to choose from. Don't want to throw away money by buying what may seem to be good stones then give up because without knowing I actually bought trash.lol What would be your basic set of stones to get started etc. What does one need to know before one starts honing? An introduction to honing stones would be a great topic video. Thanks in advance

I enjoy your honing videos. But for someone interested in honing I would like to see you talk about your stones. What you have, what you like, your progression, what you've learned being self taught. An introduction to honing Stones if you will. I want to get started but not sure which direction to take since there is such a variety to choose from. Don't want to throw away money by buying what may seem to be good stones then give up because without knowing I actually bought trash.lol What would be your basic set of stones to get started etc. What does one need to know before one starts honing? An introduction to honing stones would be a great topic video. Thanks in advance
This is a perfect setup for a video! Thanks for all the questions and considerations. I’ll add in a few more too! I’ll produce this shortly! Thanks

Matt

Thank you too. I look forward to seeing this and learning. I've tried watching a few videos but most are all over the place and never follow the stream of the topic. Thanks Matt! Stay blessed my friend
There are about a half dozen honing guys or so from 7-10 years ago that were / are considered tops in the field. I’ve mentioned them in my videos frequently and learned much from them. I’m not sure whose names I can mention not members here. Send a PM and I’ll tell you who I think are tops. (Yes, Matt is coming along fine).

great little section for honing related videos. Im not a honer myself and send my razors of to local pro.

(Edited per TOU in regard to ouside content duplicated here)

Last edited by a moderator:
great little section for honing related videos. Im not a honer myself and send my razors of to local pro. in this regard the gents has seriously informative videos and skills that will surely be useful and add to the content here. That said there are so many rules and policies I’m afraid to post anything that might get me banded. dapper shaves in south africa does incredible honing work, may I share his videos here? I dont think he is a member anywhere but I appreciate his valuable content.
Actually no, per the TOU we cannot link to outside sources that duplicate content on this forum. Also we want to promote those folks that are members here as opposed to promoting folks outside the forum that do not engage here only
To have their content built on the backs of our members

Please also understand the rules are in place to protect the members and are derived from years of experience and what works and does not work across forum platforms

Thanks in advance

Back