The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight collection

This is the entirety of my collection. The top two SRs, one vintage Koken and one modern GD mod, got used extensively when I first was learning; the GD W59 and GD 66 have not really been used at all; the Feather SS and Weck on the bottom were used for the bulk of my open blade shaves.

image.jpg

This is the entirety of my collection. The top two SRs, one vintage Koken and one modern GD mod, got used extensively when I first was learning; the GD W59 and GD 66 have not really been used at all; the Feather SS and Weck on the bottom were used for the bulk of my open blade shaves.

View attachment 20951

If they still have an edge, you should take them for another spin. What is the 3rd one down?

If they still have an edge, you should take them for another spin. What is the 3rd one down?
Only the Koken and GD mod I initially used had proper edges put on em. I tried doing refreshes on them with a balsa & paste strip but it only kept for so long before the balsa started to warp. I would not shave with the current edges. :ROFLMAO:

The third one down is the GD W59. GD’s version of a Spanish point I think.

I volunteer to hold it for you, Ed, until your modelling career winds down or you decide to go with the Harrison Ford "I got a scar" look.
If the latter, let me know so that I can begin the process of lining up new clientette (like plastic surgeons and bandaid companies) 💼

Back