The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirling soap to raise money for first responders

Ok, So I might order as I've wanted some of their bath soaps anyway. So give me some recommendations of bath soaps from them that YOU HAVE USED and deem buy worthy so I can get an order together. I know Chad has used theirs, anyone else used theirs and have some recommendations?

Thanks for posting this Dave !!

Question...and I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble here...does anyone know anything about this organization? I did a quick Google search on them (Responders 4 Life) and didn't find too much. I have an email into them asking for some info. Sorry to be a Debby Downer here, but I have been burned before on a so called Veterans Charitable Organization...so I always check now.

Question...and I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble here...does anyone know anything about this organization? I did a quick Google search on them (Responders 4 Life) and didn't find too much. I have an email into them asking for some info. Sorry to be a Debby Downer here, but I have been burned before on a so called Veterans Charitable Organization...so I always check now.
Good idea Don and interested in what you find out. I just trusted that Rod checked it out.

No idea. Just saw a new soap that I'd post either way. The scent sounds good to me, but I'm not a Stirling lover in general.

I am sure Stirling is aware of the antics that other guy employed and the impact on his business, i doubt they are going into this with any ill intent. That said, all charity is local, whoever they are I suspect their mission hits close to home for Stirling. From what i find, Responders 4 Life is a newly formed non-profit based out of Florida. Being new they have yet to file a 990 so it isn't possible to see who is on their board or how they spend the funds they raise.
I don't begrudge Stirling the opportunity to do a little affinity marketing but I do acknowledge that "first responders" is a sort of cause celeb capable which is easily exploited. So long as Stirling can articulate why they support this organization and what their goal is in terms of raising funds for them, I would be comfortable helping them do so.

I am glad you emailed them to gain more context, if nothing else it will prompt them to provide more information on their site.

I guess I should say that I am sure Rod and his business have good intentions...and I am certainly not trying to derail anything here...I'm sorry if I seemed a little agressive on the mater. I definitely don't need tax statement or anything serious...I just like a little assurance that the organization is a good Steward of the donations they receive. Sorry if I put anyone off. As I have stated before...I have been burned with charitable organizations before and I just like to check people out.

I guess I should say that I am sure Rod and his business have good intentions...and I am certainly not trying to derail anything here...I'm sorry if I seemed a little agressive on the mater. I definitely don't need tax statement or anything serious...I just like a little assurance that the organization is a good Steward of the donations they receive. Sorry if I put anyone off. As I have stated before...I have been burned with charitable organizations before and I just like to check people out.
Not at all, it gave me pause for thought which I needed.

Not at all Don, I check every organization i run across. I am a little different in that I do work in the non-profit arena that actually involves digging into the details (like 990's) and teaches how to run a non-profit properly. Between that and being an investment manager I rarely let a company or non-profit go by that I don't dig into.

I think its cool Rod is doing something like this. I am interested to learn more about their story. ...Heck, even if the only reason Rod is doing this project is because they asked him to I think its cool he's doing it.

Not sure about the organization they're supporting, (Responders 4 Life), but I know that this was set up for the South Florida Wet-Shavers meet-up and is modeled after Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver. I'm sure that one of the guys involved in the SFWS meet-up is the one that recommended them. Not that it gives that organization any more or less credence. Interested in hearing Rod's response.

I am sure it is all on the up and up...I just like to ask to make sure. I am thinking of getting a set...I'm not a huge Stirling fan...but I like those scent notes and if I can support something good...then I will.

Ok, So I might order as I've wanted some of their bath soaps anyway. So give me some recommendations of bath soaps from them that YOU HAVE USED and deem buy worthy so I can get an order together. I know Chad has used theirs, anyone else used theirs and have some recommendations?

Thanks for posting this Dave !!

Lime, barbershop, executive man, pigs trail, cilantro lime, peach, mountain man, mita, and bergamot lavendar are some of my favorites

I did neglect to put some purchase options...Here is what I've tried so far and would recommend. This is in descending order

Piacenza (Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa clone and my personal favorite)
Executive Man (Aventus Clone)
Stirling Spice (Old Spice)
Sharp Dressed Man (Green Irish Tweed clone)
Mountain Man (Creed Silver Mountain Water clone)
Island Man (Creed Virgin Island Water clone)
Barbershop
Stirling Blu (Polo Blue clone)
Iced Pineapple
Satsuma
Bergamot Lavender
Ozark (same as Pigs Trail bath soap)
Dunshire (Acqua di Gio clone)
Sandpiper (La Nuit de L'Homme clone)
South Padre (suntan lotion on the beach, not currently available)
Arkadia (if you're a Terre d'Hermes fan)
Margaritas in the Arctic
Eskimo Tuxedo (same as Sharp Dressed Man but with LOTS of menthol)
Stirling Noir (Drakkar Noir clone)

Seasonal Favorites...these tend to be more gourmandish
Hot Apple Cider
Pumpkin Spice
Autumn Glory
Christmas Eve
Macintosh
Red Delicious
Pearberry
Peach
Grapefruit

Back