The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirling Liquid Body Soap-Impressions

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
Since I am not a regular user of liquid body soaps and my wife (who also gave the Stirling Liquid Body Soap a wash) has very particular requirements in her bath products, I hesitate to call this a formal review of the new Stirling liquid body soap. What follows is more "impression" than review...

First my wife's impressions:
The bottle is nice and she was impressed with the labeling and how aloe and vitamin E were part of the formula.
The Piacenza scent was nice, not a strong scent and not weak. She disagreed with my "fruit loops" assessment but agreed the scent was fruity and floral and could be considered uni-sex if needed but also that it wasn't NOT a manly scent.
She did not hate the performance but felt the post rinse was still too tacky or sticky for her taste, she likes to feel super slick once the soap is rinsed off. She did say the Stirling Liquid Body Soap did not dry her skin, it just didn't feel slick after rinsing like she likes. Given her hardline requirements for a liquid soap and how she described how she felt about the soap I would say she give Stirling Liquid Body Soap 2 out 3 thumbs up.

My impressions:
I like the bottle size and the way it functions, I have had no problems using it in the shower and controlling how much product I am using.
The scent strength is ok, it might stand to be a little stronger but really its not bad as it is.
Texture of the liquid- the gel like texture is perfect for dispensing and smearing all over. some gel soaps are so dense the soap flies of my hand rather than being spread over my body.
Sudsy- I don't use a puff thing but i am getting some suds with just my scrubby hands. compared to the bar soaps I get less suds than i am used to and would actually like to see more, perhaps a wash cloth or puffy thing would do the trick.
post rinse- when i fist used the soap I got the impression the post rinse was almost tacky (like a castor oil heavy soap would be) but that was only the first time i used it, each time i've used it since I have not had that impression. This leaves me wondering if perhaps the soap needed to be shaken before use and both my wife and I got a different first impression (which means my wifes impresion is ill informed). Generally speaking the wash and rinse are in line with a mild soap.

As a shampoo? I avoid comercial shampoo because it causes me all sorts of scalp problems. I have been using Stirling shampoo bars lately (great stuff) so I decided to use the liquid body soap as a shampoo (and the shampoo bar as a body soap) so i could compare and contrast the two. The liquid body soap works quite well as a shampoo, cleans and rinses well. It is very mild but might be a touch less mild than the shampoo bar...although only slightly so and nothing that a conditioner wouldn't compensate for. I can definitely see myself using this as a shampoo or 'everything' soap.

My final impressions- the liquid body soap is a wonderful mild soap that seems able to be used head to toe. The post rinse feel is appropriate, not slick (that's just gross) and not overly dry or sticky/tacky), you feel clean without feeling funky. The scent is enjoyable but not so powerful it dominates the event or leaves the bathroom scented post shower. I don't have a point of reference (because I do not use or buy other liquid soaps) but the size of the container and the amount of soap used each shower make the purchase price appear very reasonable.
I have no reason not to give this product 3 out 3 thumbs up.

good job @Joe Hackett

That's why he doesn't do many shave videos..... the time spent in post productuon editing out the 3rd thumb is daunting.
Man! The things you learn in this place!

I should update my impressions now that I have been using this liquid body soap for more than a week....

I still prefer the bar soap's grab and go simplicity but i must say this liquid soap does the job quite well. I have been using it as a shampoo at least once a day and am happy with the results I get. I am still NOT using a puff or cloth so the lather/suds are limited (other than the suds I get when i lather up my hair) but I feel clean when I rinse. The post rinse perfect, clean without being too slick or too sticky/squeaky clean. After using it a week i feel pretty confident is saying this stuff is pretty good. I probably should pass it along to my son to try out but I think I will just keep it for myself. (y) (y) (y) :giggle:

Thanks for the impressions on the liquid. I am just so happy with their bar soap that I can't see a reason to switch.

The liquid soap is awesome. And a little goes a long way. I highly recommend it. I do keep the bar soap in the shower still, but the simplicity of the liquid is really nice.

I even put some in a to go container and it's in my referee bag to use after a game, and like Chris I use it as shampoo as well in those situations. I will be buying bar soaps and liquid soaps. I see a use on both for sure.

Back