The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spring and Summer 2018 sporting events...WOW!

Dagwoodz

TSC's Movie Star
Veteran
Legacy
With the Kentucky Derby going on today, it got me thinking about all of the great events that are going to be happening coming up, all but one are normally held this time of year. What a line-up of sporting events!! For those of you who enjoy watching sports, what are you most looking forward to, why, and who are you rooting for?

Horse Racing
Kentucky Derby: 5 May (Today)
The Preakness: 19 May
The Belmont Stakes: 9 June

Golf
The Players: 10 - 13 May
The U.S. Open: 14 - 17 June
The British Open: 19 - 22 July
PGA Championship: 9 - 12 August

Tennis
The French Open: 21 May - 10 June
Wimbledon: 2 - 15 July
The U.S. Open: 27 August - 11 September

Cycling
Tour de France: 7 - 29 July

Baseball
MLB All-Star Game: 17 July
LLWS: 28 July - 26 August

Hockey
NHL Finals - TBD

Basketball
NBA Finals - TBD

Soccer
UEFA Champions League Final: 26 May
FIFA World Cup: 14 June - 15 July

I'm most interested in the golf majors, seeing if Tiger can get back to being competitive, and depending on if the winner of the Kentucky Derby can win the Preakness, horse racing. The World Cup is interesting to me, even if the U.S. didn't qualify, as I'm a soccer fanatic. Wimbledon is always interesting as a nostalgic piece as I can remember watching it in the summer with my Grandmother during our birthday party (we were born just four days apart in July). The Tour is always interesting of course.

I always watch the British Open. Now that is some real golf. More often than not the links courses really show is that super star golfers are mere mortals after all.

World Cup is a must watch in my opinion. For me, it's almost as big as the Olympics.

I do really enjoy watching World Cup soccer. Thanks for the reminder to set my mobile notifications up before it gets here!

Not really within the purview of this thread, but was just checking the BMW Championship scores from day 1, and Tiger is 7 under through 10 holes...holy cow...

Not really within the purview of this thread, but was just checking the BMW Championship scores from day 1, and Tiger is 7 under through 10 holes...holy cow...

As much as it pains me to say it...Tiger has been playing pretty damn good as of late. Maybe he has his life back in order.

As much as it pains me to say it...Tiger has been playing pretty damn good as of late. Maybe he has his life back in order.

Regardless of whether or not you agreed with how he conducted himself when he was younger, I think these recent medical issues have brought him down to earth quite a bit to where he appreciates the gifts he has for the game. I wasn't his biggest fan before, I didn't really pull for him, but enjoyed the spectacle that he provided. Now, I'm all about him getting back on the train. It's good for the game, and it's great to see the crowds and the noise. It'll be something if he wins this weekend. Just the fact that he shot an 8 under 62, when less than a year ago there were questions on whether he'd even be physically able to swing a club at all is pretty darned amazing.

Needless to say last nights NFL opener was a beast of a game. I am more excited about NCAA football though, I just love sports in general.

Back