The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-web bottles

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
A while back @Dave in KY found a bottle he thought I’d like. I had him purchase it for me and he sent it my way. I filled it up with orange water to show off the detail and as a good Halloween decor. There’s hidden spiders and flies in the webs. This was an old Mountain Ridge Bourbon bottle, but the labels are long gone.

While out antiquing last weekend, I found another! Never thought I’d come across one myself. This one is an “Antique” Spiritus Frumenti whiskey bottle.

So according to this auction site (and actual auction site and not Ebay) this bottle may be from the Prohibition era.

There are some pics with the complete label top and Government Tax Stamp! I'm not so sure it is actually from Prohibition times (just think on what that actually means). I am trying to find some information on when that particular whiskey was distilled...but a cursory look...I am having a hard time finding any.

It is very cool though!

So according to this auction site (and actual auction site and not Ebay) this bottle may be from the Prohibition era.

There are some pics with the complete label top and Government Tax Stamp! I'm not so sure it is actually from Prohibition times (just think on what that actually means). I am trying to find some information on when that particular whiskey was distilled...but a cursory look...I am having a hard time finding any.

It is very cool though!
If you do a ebay search you will find multiple distillers used this bottle Don

I must suck at my ebay search because I am not finding them. I see some similar bottles but not the same. Either way...not interested in myself...just was slightly interested to see if I could figure out when they were made.

Back