The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN1257.JPG

I. BARBER. OLD ENGLISH razor
SHAVEMAC badger
S.V. MIRTO DI SARDEGNA soap
OSMA alum
BLEU DE CHANEL parfum

Just got this razor into the rotation. I spent about an hour and a half getting the bevel set then honing went along well. I had to do some reshaping of the heel. I used numerous layers of tape on the spine but first I had to reduce the width of the tape. A little bit tricky but got there in the end. What a wonderful shave. The razor feels incredibly smooth and forgiving against the skin. This sweet old Sheffield steel is why me and others hunt down these very old razors. Well worth the effort.

Mon 31
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Jianyu 2nd
The lather whip-up by the brush is just marvelous! The soap & matching splash smells wonderful.
Ever a reliable razor and paired with this excellent blade at max setting 9...enjoyed 3 silky smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230731_073953.jpg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro Guard
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian (Faux Sapphire)
Lather: Zingari Man The Merchant
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Merchant Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man The Merchant Recovery Splash
52388b7b2b1f5764f6aae7afa9618ada.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

SOTD - 7/31/2023

Declaration Grooming - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli - Chatillon Lux Collaboration - Milksteak Base

Mojo Handcrafts Kerrville Brush with a Mojo Maker Knot

Thiers Issard 275 1196 Evide Sonnant Extra French Straight Razor | Carbon Steel | 6/8 Size | Extra Full Hollow Ground | Round Point | Ebony Wood Handle | Made in France IMG_8372.jpeg

31 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Hardware setup is the same as yesterday (Rockwell + WWBW "REM Cycle") but software-wise I went back to Proraso Green shave cream and I finished with some ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" skin food splash from Frank's Pure Collection. No frag today.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso "Refreshing" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash

IMG-2807.jpg

Last edited:

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.05/UFO Colibri
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D2)
Brush: Sawdust CreatioStudio Banded/LOD Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Cube 2