The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave this morning. New soap / splash day with the arrival of Phoenix Shaving's new "The Watcher" yesterday. An homage to Yardley's "Black Label" line. Now I've never tried the original so I can't speak to its accuracy, but this has a nice, Old School vibe to it which is right in my wheelhouse. Nice, powdery, spicy, woody scent with extremely slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Bisbee" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 50's Schick injector, and I finished the matching splash mixed with my personal blend of witch hazel tonic, hyaluronic acid serum & a few drops of ETHOS Reméde serum.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "The Watcher" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Sweet Spot Badger Brush
50's Schick Injector / Alum / PAA "The Watcher" After Shave Splash

View attachment 130501
Love the Watcher, have the complete set PAA offers. Suppose to be a dupe of Yardley Black. It foes smell like the scent my grandfather used. But never knew what that was until now. Found some Yardley Black on ebay. Pretty close. Almost exact.

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium Predator
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: Oumo General - Platinum 28mm
Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti

30 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave with which to close out the month. Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Vétyver" shave soap. Wonderful spicy, grassy, slightly smoky scent with superb lather built with the new Paladin "Year of the Dragon" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy, and I finished with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vétivert" skin food splash and Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Vétyver" Shave Soap / Paladin "Year of the Dragon" 2-Band select Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vétivert" Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP

IMG_4660.jpg

SOTD - 4/30/2024

Hoffmans Shave & Soap Company TUT
Karve Overlander
AP Shave Co. AP400B XL Brass with a 28MM Gelousy SHD 2 band badger

From the Hoffman’s website:
This is a classic scent profile but with a twist! Features a very well done Egyptian Musk blended with a Black Oud.
CAC7EBB3-36DB-416E-914B-DD7021C796AD.jpeg

Wednesday SOTD
20240428_145719.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D3)
Brush: T&H Wellington 24mm Super Badger
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Cream: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Balm: C&E West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Royall Lyme