The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Someone said there was free cookies here so...

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
...here I am!

My name is Chris (seems to be a good name to have around here) and I live in Sacramento, CA. I’m 36 this year, married 15 years this summer, have 3 young boys, and have 2 dog children.

My life has been a mix of many things and many occupations. Currently I’m in the ordination process through a Christian church, having earned my Master’s degree a few years ago. I’m currently a custodian at the same church (it sure is a different side of things!), previously I’ve been everything from a teacher’s aide, to a supervisor at a car wash, to a pizza delivery driver, to a dishwasher, and many things in between. Needless to say I’ve had to learn many things!

I happened into traditional shaving just over 3 years ago with encouragement from my wife (who likes me doing anything else other than playing games, watching movies, or anything else that has me acting like one of our boys). I’ve grown in the time from just a AOS sample kit and Merkur 34c to a slightly bigger yet still modest collection of shaving accoutrements that includes SRs, a Feather SS shavette, and a hand full of favorite soaps. I treat myself to a nice shave every other day of the week plus Sundays. Still working on the technique that will let me do every day.

Enough rambling from me! Looking forward to participating here! Where are those cookies?

Oh I was invited thanks to Steveymetal (not sure his callsign here) at a certain other place. Thanks!

Good to see you again Chris, Glad to have you here, yes we stole the cookies from our C.E.C. location

Very nice to have you here. There are few of use here that are 3 years or so into this whole thing.

Nice to have you here. I understand about having many different types of jobs. I have been an executive housekeeper, fire fighter/EMT, owned a construction company, did collections, and am now an insurance adjuster to name a few.

Chris, great to have a fellow minister aboard, these guys need a lot of prayer!
1f603.png

Welcome aboard Chris. That monkey is correct, we can use all of the prayers we can get.

Thanks for the welcomes!

id have thank you all sooner, but it seems I used up my 30 post newcomer’s limit yesterday reading everyone’s intros! ?

Back