The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

<SOLD> Hesitated to post this but....

Knothead

Jr. Shave Member
Artisan Retailer
<SOLD>
This Cottonwood Burl was some of the prettiest I have turned in a while. The figure is great and it finished fantastic. I stabilized it prior to turning and filled small voids with resin. I normally don't offer anything that I am not 100% satisfied with, but this piece is too nice to sit in my shop, so I decided to offer it here at a discount. The issue is that the Medallion is off center by a hair, and being partially OCD, it bugs me. If you can live with this, I will offer it for $10.00 less than normal. $55.00 and I'll go ahead and pay the shipping. I will wait and see if anyone at TSC wants this before I post it on my site. Any takers???? The handle is Cottonwood Burl drilled for 22/24mm knot. (not included) The height is 2 ¼", Diameter is 1 ⅜" drilled to ⅝" with a 25mm to accommodate variance.
Thanks for taking a look.
IMG_2201.jpgIMG_2205.jpgIMG_2207.jpgIMG_2206.jpgIMG_2202.jpgIMG_2208.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 42592
After much deliberation I decided on a knot to install in my new handle. It hasn’t been lathered yet but being a synthetic I don’t expect it to “bloom”. I love the way it looks.
When I looked at the original pics I would have thought it was a resin, not burl! That thing is absolutely a work of art by two Masters, One of everything, and another who is a @Knothead ! Really gorgeous, and that medallion looks perfectly fine to these well used eyes!

When I looked at the original pics I would have thought it was a resin, not burl! That thing is absolutely a work of art by two Masters, One of everything, and another who is a @Knothead ! Really gorgeous, and that medallion looks perfectly fine to these well used eyes!
Oh it definitely is a looker. I’ll allow everyone to believe the coin is painfully askew so they don’t feel like they missed out on an awesome thing...but I know exactly how askew it really is.

The hardest part was picking the right knot.

Back