The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

soaps im looking forward too aquiring

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
So after trying out some samples of different scented soaps, im looking forward to getting some A&E choco cubano and khalifia,as well as mystic waters egyptian dragon and southern witchcratfs carmilla, but the most sample scent that i tried out that im looking forward to getting in the near is Ethos grooming's dragon'sbeard. all these scents smell extremely good, cant wait to start getting them. lots of scents for the new year.

So after trying out some samples of different scented soaps, im looking forward to getting some A&E choco cubano and khalifia,as well as mystic waters egyptian dragon and southern witchcratfs carmilla, but the most sample scent that i tried out that im looking forward to getting in the near is Ethos grooming's dragon'sbeard. all these scents smell extremely good, cant wait to start getting them. lots of scents for the new year.
I too am waiting for the Dragonsbeard to get restocked so I can snag a tub. I have the skin food splash and EdP... Waiting on the soap.

giphy.gif

Also, take some advice from someone who has lost out on many soaps over the years.

If you really love a scent so much that you must have it in your den..... do not wait. You never know when a soap will become unobtanium. As Benjamin Franklin said, "in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." Unfortunately, those are only two of many reasons that your wanted soap may go away or never come back. I once went to a vendor site to restock on some of my favorites only to find out that they had gone out of business a few weeks before and without any warning (Saint Charles Shave). Another artisan I frequent (Southern Witchcrafts) has a scent that I love (Alchemist), but they haven't restocked it. I always just assumed that it was a scent they would always have, but when asked they said they didn't know if it would return. Ugh!

And, if you find a scent that you think you will always want to have in your den, then you need to stock up on it when it is available. Buy 3, 4, 5, or more of them to be sure you will always have it on hand. Luckily, a lot of places offer free shipping at certain levels, so when stocking up, I usually base the amount I will order off how many it will take to get free shipping.

Also, take some advice from someone who has lost out on many soaps over the years.

If you really love a scent so much that you must have it in your den..... do not wait. You never know when a soap will become unobtanium. As Benjamin Franklin said, "in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." Unfortunately, those are only two of many reasons that your wanted soap may go away or never come back. I once went to a vendor site to restock on some of my favorites only to find out that they had gone out of business a few weeks before and without any warning (Saint Charles Shave). Another artisan I frequent (Southern Witchcrafts) has a scent that I love (Alchemist), but they haven't restocked it. I always just assumed that it was a scent they would always have, but when asked they said they didn't know if it would return. Ugh!

And, if you find a scent that you think you will always want to have in your den, then you need to stock up on it when it is available. Buy 3, 4, 5, or more of them to be sure you will always have it on hand. Luckily, a lot of places offer free shipping at certain levels, so when stocking up, I usually base the amount I will order off how many it will take to get free shipping.
well i guess you dont have a point there, dammit spider!!!! enabling me to buy more soaps when i said i was gonna wait rofl!!

You know another way to look at is there will always be new scents and soaps coming out. The one that might be your favorite ever, you might not even ever know about it. Can’t keep chasing the dragon. Or, you can.

You know another way to look at is there will always be new scents and soaps coming out. The one that might be your favorite ever, you might not even ever know about it. Can’t keep chasing the dragon. Or, you can.
i picked up bay rum, marakesh and windhammers samples from mystic wawter as well, ever since i got cbl's dragons blood i cant seem to get enough of it, its like my number 1 go to scent know. that stuff is amazing in face feel and scent.

Back