The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soaking a badger

What are you doing relaxing in a hot tub with Mike @Blade-meister ??? :oops:

Busy this weekend and didn't see this......What? I have way more hair than that guy :LOL: and I don't do hot tubs. Something about a bubbling thing of water at just the right temp to support flesh eating bacteria that's not appealing to me :p

I think it is safe (and accurate) to say that ALL natural hair/bristle absorbs water when soaked.

You sir have not met my Danger Hound Allie. There is no amount of water that will soak into her natural hair! 🤪

You sir have not met my Danger Hound Allie. There is no amount of water that will soak into her natural hair! 🤪
Living where you do that is probably a natural adaptation worth having. Now tell me, does she just float away when the floods come? I'm guessing she has a natural protective barrier that resists what it can the BOOOOOOM absorbs ALL the water in the French Quarter

For completeness sake, and once again for science...... I decided to repeat my process with a synthetic and a boar brush. Again, picture order is: dry, quick immersion, full soak.

As you can see, the capillary action of the synthetic is only holding about 1g of water. And after soaking, it’s not holding onto any additional water (as expected).

As with the badger, the boar took on 2g of water after the quick immersion, but took on a full 4g additional after the 10 minute soak.

For completeness sake, and once again for science...... I decided to repeat my process with a synthetic and a boar brush. Again, picture order is: dry, quick immersion, full soak.

View attachment 6211
View attachment 6212
View attachment 6213

As you can see, the capillary action of the synthetic is only holding about 1g of water. And after soaking, it’s not holding onto any additional water (as expected).

View attachment 6214View attachment 6215View attachment 6216

As with the badger, the boar took on 2g of water after the quick immersion, but took on a full 4g additional after the 10 minute soak.
Good stuff KJ. Thanks

Can you try it with horse hair? And don't some people have 1/2 badger and 1/2 boar? Then maybe just for curiosity, one of the spike of your mowhawk?

tenor.gif

Horsie knot in my Graydog handle, dry.....

Quick immersion (~10 secs) and a few shakes...

..... and finally,10 minute soak (and same shakey shakey hokey pokey routine)

Back