The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Smart watch

bentheduck

"TSC's Personal Defibrillator in los pantelones"
First Responder
I might be in the market for a smart watch if I can get a suggestion for something that is really rugged. The watch, Timex Weekender Chronograph, I have now fell off at a car crash, I somehow got it back, and has the band covered in soot. I also channel my inner firefighter and use brute force without regard for my clothing or accessories.

I was thinking something stainless steel like a Fossil, but I honestly don't know how the screen would hold up against my reckless abandon.

And thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. It's not something I need, but it is a want.

I have a Samsung S2 watch i like and i think they have a sport model but as far as the screen i have no idea how they'd hold up.

It does seem like an oxymoron doesn't it. Haha.

The thing that would scare me about a sport model is I would probably tear up the band. That's something to think about.

How's the UI?

Its pretty simple but it works well. You can do a decent amount of customization to it as well.

My captain's watch is on the list. I'll have to ask him how he likes his tomorrow. He's a bit of a conspiracy nut, so I know he did his research. Thanks John!

If I had the option, multipurpose, I’d get a Garmin Fenix. For something a bit more rugged for working, I’d go Suunto.

Back