The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Small Healthy Habits

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
There are a lot of us doing the Weight Loss Challenge. And so far I think it has been a success. By now, I hope some of us have learned a few things to create healthy habits. What are some of the small things that you have been able to implement that have created a healthy habit?

I'll go first...

I am horrible with time management...I mean...75% of my life is in time chaos. With the arrival of Danger Baby...this has not improved.

There is one thing I do everyday at roughly the same time, without fail. I make coffee. Every now and then I make myself a cup of joe using a French press or a pour over method, but more often then not, I resort to the drip method with a good old coffee maker (coffee purists please don't judge). While the coffee is dripping and I am awaiting my caffeine fix...I wait...and wait...and wait. I am probably waiting close to 10 minutes (maybe a little less, but you get the idea). Lately I have learned the importance of stretching (especially as I near the ripe old age that @BarberDave has magnificently already accomplished...Yeah Dave...I called you old... 🤪 ). So...for the ten minutes I am waiting for my fix...I stretch. And I tell you what...I generally feel better for it.

So what's one of your small healthy habits that might be easy to implement?

I resort to the drip method with a good old coffee maker (coffee purists please don't judge).
5 Album Covers That Make You Go What Fresh Hell is This? - Geek With That

(especially as I near the ripe old age that @BarberDave has magnificently already accomplished...Yeah Dave...I called you old... 🤪 )
Youre Forgiven GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Stretching is very important and I too am taking it more seriously. Those that are following along know that I am doing weightwatchers. And it has been very successful for me, when I track. One of the benefits I love is the video recorded exercises they have in the app. I try to get a few in throughout the day, and filter for quick hitters. Especially while I am working. I have one that I really like that is ten minutes and is designed to be done at your desk. Since starting this new job I am working a lot of hours and on a lot of calls. So it's important to get moving.

Another thing I have taken more seriously is portion control. Look I hate restrictive diets and sometimes I want that slice of pie, or I want a few m&ms. I weigh them out and eat. One thing I did find out over the last weekend. What the "suggested" serving size of a lemon meringue pie and my "suggested" serving size of said pie are VASTLY different!

Don, I make French press coffe in less time than you make drip coffee.....
.... but I guess you're using your time productively.

Intermittent fasting has changed my life.
I wont go into detail, but aside from the health benefits and feeling great, it saves me money and gives me more time in the day. It's a Win-Win-Win!

Not sure if that's what you're getting at here. Many might see that as a big change. But I just see it at the small act of not doing something.

Not sure if that's what you're getting at here. Many might see that as a big change. But I just see it at the small act of not doing something.
All responses are welcome. I do several versions of IF. I change things up quite frequently. And I will say that IF has been a game changer for me. If not to lose weight...then to maintain it. And I am with you...it's easy!

Don, I make French press coffe in less time than you make drip coffee.....
.... but I guess you're using your time productively.
That's all fine and dandy...but I don't drink a cup...I drink a pot! 🤪

There are a lot of us doing the Weight Loss Challenge. And so far I think it has been a success. By now, I hope some of us have learned a few things to create healthy habits. What are some of the small things that you have been able to implement that have created a healthy habit?

I'll go first...

I am horrible with time management...I mean...75% of my life is in time chaos. With the arrival of Danger Baby...this has not improved.

There is one thing I do everyday at roughly the same time, without fail. I make coffee. Every now and then I make myself a cup of joe using a French press or a pour over method, but more often then not, I resort to the drip method with a good old coffee maker (coffee purists please don't judge). While the coffee is dripping and I am awaiting my caffeine fix...I wait...and wait...and wait. I am probably waiting close to 10 minutes (maybe a little less, but you get the idea). Lately I have learned the importance of stretching (especially as I near the ripe old age that @BarberDave has magnificently already accomplished...Yeah Dave...I called you old... 🤪 ). So...for the ten minutes I am waiting for my fix...I stretch. And I tell you what...I generally feel better for it.

So what's one of your small healthy habits that might be easy to implement?
I use a Mr Coffee, while I wait for that I make a cup of instant coffee with water heated in the microwave, purists are more than welcome to hate me all you want! I don't do much healthy stuff, but I drink cold unsweetened green tea or Gatorade most of the day, I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or do wrongful drugs, and I do take what the doc tells me to take.
Yeah, I know, I'm not very helpful.

Back