The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Siliski Soaps

Well that was quick. Found out they are on Maggard's so ordered several samples and I'll find something to fill up my cart for the free shipping ?

haven't heard of em, but some of the scents sound nice.

I'm with Chad, not yet but interesting scents. Their site isn't secure so Maggards is a good option. Looking forward to the video reviews ?

I ordered:
Santa's Pipe
Appalachian Forest
Toasted Almond
Frankincense and Myrrh
Citrus

One of our newer members (ShaveWizard420 I think) mentioned them in a very favorable way. The ingredient list is interesting, very unlike other artisan recipes. I suspect the lather from Siliski soaps will be very good. I look forward to your review.

It looks like a very strong performing non-tallow soap based on the ingredient list comparing it to others i know are good. I will be following for your full report on these sir.

I have seen them mentioned in other places. They get positive reviews. They are on my to try list.

I've heard of them and I'm not sure I have heard anything bad about the soap. I haven't tried them though.

Siliski soaps are wonderful and work great for me. They are incredibly slick which is my main criterion when evaluating soaps. The post shave feel is also well above average. The scents are also well done. Midnight in Tunisia just might be my favorite soap scent. He has a new base which I am evaluating right now and it is also fantastic.

Siliski soaps are wonderful and work great for me. They are incredibly slick which is my main criterion when evaluating soaps. The post shave feel is also well above average. The scents are also well done. Midnight in Tunisia just might be my favorite soap scent. He has a new base which I am evaluating right now and it is also fantastic.
Very interesting. I posted the first couple I tried in my journal. They were awesome performers, but had next to no scent. I emailed them and Andrew thinks I got old samples and is sending a couple more. Really hoping the scent picks up and then these will for sure be one of my favorites.

One of our newer members (ShaveWizard420 I think) mentioned them in a very favorable way. The ingredient list is interesting, very unlike other artisan recipes. I suspect the lather from Siliski soaps will be very good. I look forward to your review.

Yes Siliski Soaps are very nice. Their scents are mostly on the natural side, medium/mid light strength, nothing too overpowering but certainly distinct. Favorites are: Patchouli Blend, Santas Pipe, and Appalacian Forrest. Floral Bouquet (bar soap).

Soap base is vegan but whips up a thick lather one would get from a tallow soap. Loaded with cocoa butter and other butters/oils. As a bonus Andrew Siliski is a great guy to do business with. highly recommend their Body Bars as well, its like a bath soap/lotion in a puck same size/shape as the shave soap. Works great as a shampoo bar as well.

Back