The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Signature Shaving Move

August West

TSC Yoda
Veteran
What quirky little thing do you do during your shave that you are convinced is your signature shaving move? Mine is a delicate chop on a profoundly wiry whisker high on my right cheekbone.

Dunno if it's quirky, but I've slowly introduced (over years)
the Gillette slide into all strokes, WTG to ATG.
Do it with DE, SE, injectors, but not quite Feather AC. Getting there.
Saved me a bundle on buying slants.

Start 3 passes.... WTG, 2 x XTG. My cleanup pass is an upwards diagonal j-stroke. I hate ATG passes.

But the quirkiest thing I do, is that I’ll occasionally run my XTG pass across my top and bottom lips on the same stroke.

Start 3 passes.... WTG, 2 x XTG. My cleanup pass is an upwards diagonal j-stroke. I hate ATG passes.

But the quirkiest thing I do, is that I’ll occasionally run my XTG pass across my top and bottom lips on the same stroke.
Never heard of that one before.

@Spider’s is the only legit quirky move, has to be seen to be believed.

I just tend to experiment a lot, so don‘t really have any signature moves, unless randomness is one.

I go ATG on the front jaw line during my second XTG pass. I don't know why, I just hit it early.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dunno if it's quirky, but I've slowly introduced (over years)
the Gillette slide into all strokes, WTG to ATG.
Do it with DE, SE, injectors, but not quite Feather AC. Getting there.
Saved me a bundle on buying slants.

I do the "slide" on a quasi ATG pass on my cheeks to lower jawline. That is where a good blade & top tier soap matter. ;)

My Peculiar Shave Techniques (moves):
I am a complete and total "against the grain" shaver right out of the gate, on the second pass, and in the final stretch touch-up round!
Yep, I shave exclusively UPWARDS, from "south to north", from "bottom to top", or from "low elevation to high elevation", or whatever you wish to call it!
It just works for me!
... and above the upper lip, it facilitates getting all those unwanted, low-hanging, nose hairs! CAN'T have those now can we?
... and on the sideburns, it allows me to get right up and under the southern "cut-off" point so that there are NO stray wiskers below the bottom of the sideburn! UNTHINKABLE!
We all have our things, don't we?
Cheers!

Back