The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Signature Shaving Move

August West

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Wanna share your signature or unique shaving move?

I have this outlandishly wiry hair that grows so lonesomely on my right cheek. I have to do a high pressure chop and sweep to mow it down. Very tricky.

Not sure what to call it though?

I don't think it's unique and it's not exactly a shaving technique, but I purse my lips around my finger and pull my finger away. That's how I clear my lips of lather. It seems to be more effective than running a finger across my lips.

Edit: May I suggest calling it the Tony Tomahawk Method?

I bring my lips into my mouth as I lather my face, then as I bring them back out, there’s no lather on my lips and nothing to wipe off.

I also shave my tip and bottom lips with the same stroke, most of the time.

See my VLOG for examples.

I bring my lips into my mouth as I lather my face, then as I bring them back out, there’s no lather on my lips and nothing to wipe off.

I also shave my tip and bottom lips with the same stroke, most of the time.

See my VLOG for examples.

I still don't know how you pull that off so cleanly. I do the suck in to, but still need to do some finger clean up.

Shaving both lips though, that's stunt shave material.

I still don't know how you pull that off so cleanly. I do the suck in to, but still need to do some finger clean up.

Shaving both lips though, that's stunt shave material.
I agree, I can't keep mine clean that way. The shaving above and below thing is a KJ exclusive. I've done it a few times to mimic him........................I've paid the price once and don't anymore 😜

I bullfrog it on every shave. I have a pronounced Adam’s Apple and some tight wrinkles and dips around that area. I bullfrog it by lowering the chin as low as I can while still stretching the skin going XTG and ATG. Fabulous for getting those pesky whiskers growing from all directions there.

I have a whole series of signature moves developed from having a 2 year old grandson that won't let you shave unless he is there shaving also. Lots of formula one speed strokes both full and interrupted.....

Back