The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Showering

No idea. Is that even a tip?

I used to shave in the shower using my Mach 3, before I discovered traditional wet shaving. But I did that on my own as a time saving measure, rather than any specific tip of making my shaves better.

Since discovering traditional wet shaving, I’ve never heard shower shaving as a “tip” or technique.

Instead, the idea of shaving immediately after a shower is the tip I have learned and accepted. The shower proves to be an excellent pre-shave routine, and shaving is the first thing I do after drying off from my shower.

When did the shaving tip of shave while in the shower first appear online? Like what year?
I learned this in 2002 from a high school buddy who swore by it. As far as online resources I’d say it would depend on when people started blogging about razors.

I know that shaving in the shower has been a thing for a very long time. Williams/Marvey produced a rubber shaving mug for about 50 years for use in the shower. There were old books from the 30’s that specifically mention shaving after bathing, but I doubt shower shaving took off until the 30’s or so because safety razors and brushless shaving cream(a bar of soap would have done it too) would have made it some much easier.

I learned this in 2002 from a high school buddy who swore by it. As far as online resources I’d say it would depend on when people started blogging about razors.

I know that shaving in the shower has been a thing for a very long time. Williams/Marvey produced a rubber shaving mug for about 50 years for use in the shower. There were old books from the 30’s that specifically mention shaving after bathing, but I doubt shower shaving took off until the 30’s or so because safety razors and brushless shaving cream(a bar of soap would have done it too) would have made it some much easier.
Then what kind of very specific shave tips could we find on google in march of 2000 then if those tips werent very specific then?

Then what kind of very specific shave tips could we find on google in march of 2000 then if those tips werent very specific then?
I don’t think anybody can answer that. You’d have to research the historical archives of the internet if that’s even possible. Why are you looking for such a specific piece of information, that now is outdated and pretty much irrelevant. We’ve come so far and learned so much since then.

When did the shaving tip of shave while in the shower first appear online? Like what year?
I was doing it before there was an internet. Just figured out for myself that it was quicker and easier just to do it in the shower.

By yourself, but how?
In all actuality it really does not matter where, when, how and why. Shower shaving was more that likely just a natural progression for folks to save time in the morning for gents. There is not definitive "Tips" on any of the subject matter you are looking for answers on the internet for. It appears that you are asking the same questions, over and over, and have been answered over and over. Lets just assume that not all shaving items are tip related, and each finds his or her own way in this hobby. No reason to beat a dead horse. Lets move on

Back