The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Show us your vlog setup!

HMan

Doften Savant
I need to do vlog type stuff for my small business, mostly tutorials and voiceovers for fitness videos. I just got a new mic to help my weedy voice sound a bit better.
What's your set up?

IMG_7979.jpeg

I'm doing video editing with iMovie on a late 2013 iMac.
Camera is now. iPhone 11 Pro Max
Mic Rode NT-USB with stand and shock mount

I would take a picture of my phone for you, but I'd have to use my phone for that.

Wow! That is some serious Podcasting equipment there! Nice stuff Cole! I'm with Dave in that I just do things on my Phone. I have done a couple things from my computer a couple times...but hard to mount my laptop to my mirror for a shave! 🤪

I have always wanted to do a podcast, but have no idea what I would do it on as I don't really have extensive knowledge in any one thing...but know a lot about a bunch of things. But if I did do a podcast it would likely be with some equipment similar to yours.

Nice Cole! iMovie makes editing so easy!

Yea, just use my phone (iPhone XS) here, nothing fancy. I also use iMovie for editing.

All that fancy VLOGing gear, and no shave VLOG for the Cadre........

Shame.gif

My setup is super simple. Just an iPhone X and a small tripod.
tripod.jpg

We've posted our stuff in a couple threads here, if anyone is curious.

The only difference between my rig and the other guys is I use my iPad stuck to the mirror with a suction cup and I wear a lavalier microphone. iMovie to edit. Once I get the shave shot and into iMovie, it’s maybe 30 minutes to get it posted.

Are those out there for the public to see? I would love to check them out.

Thanks for asking, right now it's all behind our paywall. But we plan to start doing more public videos soon. Anyway, they are fairly in depth sports science vids, so maybe a bit niche.

Back