The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shipping Dilemma

ED3054

Veteran
I sold a Razor on EBay and shipped it out. Buyer is From Spain. Now the package is on its way back to me.
I contacted EBay and they got back to me and I don’t get it.
I will have to refund his money. Not a big Deal just a Hassle.
But what I don’t get is the reason.
Took a picture of it. what do you guy’s Think or Know.
0cec64fd0994351572530880337677f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen that before! Wow, Maybe part of organized crime or a felon who cannot own a "Weapon"??

There are certain lists maintained by the US government that identify individuals or organizations with whom or with which it is illegal to conduct business. I believe they originated following 9/11 in an effort to prohibit transactions that benefit terrorist organizations (or those that support them). You often see boilerplate reps and warranties to this effect in transactional legal documents. I'm not an expert on these items by any means, but I suspect the Bay monitors and is subject to these prohibitions (Commerce Clause) and flags transactions if a buyer or seller is found to be on or associated with something on these lists.

Just my thoughts off the cuff--I play a lawyer in real life (LOL). Hope you get your razor back!

There are certain lists maintained by the US government that identify individuals or organizations with whom or with which it is illegal to conduct business. I believe they originated following 9/11 in an effort to prohibit transactions that benefit terrorist organizations (or those that support them). You often see boilerplate reps and warranties to this effect in transactional legal documents. I'm not an expert on these items by any means, but I suspect the Bay monitors and is subject to these prohibitions (Commerce Clause) and flags transactions if a buyer or seller is found to be on or associated with something on these lists.

Just my thoughts off the cuff--I play a lawyer in real life (LOL). Hope you get your razor back!

Thanks. EBay said that it never left the USA and that it’s on its way back to me. When I get it I will refund his money.

Used to perform denied party testing when I was an internal auditor to make sure the corporation wasn't doing business with anyone on the denied party list. Kinda crazy that this happened through an eBay listing of a straight, though!

I sold a Razor on EBay and shipped it out. Buyer is From Spain. Now the package is on its way back to me.

Thanks Guy’s just got the razor back a few minutes ago and I’m Issuing them a Refund.

Time to Re sell it. Probably on here First.
1bdbcf53ebe3726303af38919b77e20a.jpg

I can absolutely understand the need for these denial lists (for appropriate parties), but not sure they are serving the intended purpose by adding member of the other political party. I don't recall politics being this way 30 years ago. Sheesh.

Also, not sure I see how denying anyone, even a terrorist, a safety razor is going to do any good. But, who am I? Maybe they can McGuyver it into something horrific and menacing... Or, ya know, shave their face. Lol.

Ya gotta laugh sometimes.
I guess it's easier to deny them everything than it would be to try to list everything that might help their cause. Black list them completely, shut them down.

Does that mean it was intercepted before delivery?
From what I read the restrictions state.....

The United States government defines a denied (or excluded) party as any party to an international transaction which has been placed on any official denied persons list, is blocked from import or export transactions, or has been sanctioned by a government for illegal acts such as involvement in terrorism, narcotics trafficking, money laundering, or weapons proliferation.

It further states

U.S. law places the burden of responsibility for conducting adequate denied party screening compliance on exporters, carriers, and forwarding agents alike. All of these transportation partners are bound by law to avoid the handling of any transactions which include a denied party.

And also says

The mailing services use software systems for all of its denied party screening requirements that search over 30 excluded party lists taken from both U.S. and international sources. These systems identify, investigate, and halt shipments with questionable parties immediately upon entry into our shipping systems.

Back