The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving den

Stocking my shaving den. Just getting started. I have 2 more soaps a razor and a brush which are not pictured. Looking to add more. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

First did you get the Aqua Velva set this year? Are they back???

Second i would recommend starting with our vendors for sure. Looks like you got some CBL. Our other vendors are considered some of the best soap makers out there.

I would also recommend looking at Razorock for price, and also Declaration Grooming Icarus based soaps for some of the best soap out there.

That is a fantastic start. Chiseled Face was one of my first, GTB is still one of my all time favorites. I don't have the Bay Rum but I was able to smell it when I visited his store, it is a unique and enjoyable take on bay rum. I had to have Chad get me the Aqua Velva set last year, I am very happy he did because the AV Sport is worth having.

You should check out Stirling soaps, they have a HUGE line up. The selection of scents is huge and the quality of soap is unquestioned. If you have trouble picking a favorite I recommend getting the "samples", they are a superb value. The samples are very large 1 ounce portions that will last weeks

I also suggest you check out Tabac, Mitchel's Wool Fat, Phoenix Shaving (a controversial choice to be sure, but one I really like), Wild West Shaving, and definitely all of the other TSC Vendors.

Nice start! Some would say you don't need anything else, but none of us would believe the person that said it!!!

A favorite razor of mine is the Gillette Prewar Fat Handle Tech, mild & so very efficient! Just in case you were wondering about other razors.
Soaps are fun to get into & try, enjoy! Many great vendors here on the Cadre, look into their offerings.
Aftershave is another fun area. A favorite of mine is the old standard Pinaud Clubman.

Most importantly, as you try these products, take the time to enjoy them! This is a wonderful necessity/hobby we're involved in!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I also have Honeybee Soaps Green Irish Tweed which Dave in KY gave me which is one of my favorites. The Aqua Velva set was on Amazon.

If you are feeling adventurous you could find out if you have been chosen by The Veg*. I tried it a few years ago and was not chosen but may try again at some point.

The Veg is Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

If you are feeling adventurous you could find out if you have been chosen by The Veg*. I tried it a few years ago and was not chosen but may try again at some point.

The Veg is Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
I have that covered with what's left from me finding I'm not chosen when KJ pif'd me some. I'll add it to the soaps.

Back