The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving Brush Cleaning & Maintenance

Speaking of Scrubbing Bubbles, I’ve heard that thrown around a few times. What’s a good way to polish a brush handle? I’ve had a few people tell me Nu Finish car polish but I’m less than convinced . Is Scrubbing Bubbles good for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScratchX it is awesome stuff. Follow the instructions (now special instructions needed) and you will get a shine on pretty much any solid material, even the vintage stuff. I use it on most vintage razors scales too unless they are horn/bone, those I will clean first using appropriate oils then sand etc ...then ScratchX. I have recently become a fan of Flitz, it polishes metals and plastics quit well too but the ScratchX has a progressive abrasive in it so it really is polishing.
Scrubbing Bubbles is a must have (the spray without bubbles is ok but those little bubbles really do like to scrub) because it has anti-microbial agents too. Not only does the Scrubbing Bubbles help to clean it can help kill bad bugs. I also have a jar of Barbicide/70%alcohol under the sink where razors and some brushes get a bath. I use it more for the anti rust benefits but that jar also kills bugs.

And like @Spider said, Flitz (i used Maas too but recently found Flitz to be better) is great for those old metal razors. I don't normally use ScratchX on the old METAL, only the old PLASTIC and WOOD. I just find Flitz is awesome metal polish where ScratchX seems to be made for painted or coated surfaces so sealed wood, plastic and old materials like bakelite do well with it.

Back