The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving/Barber Shop Museums

Just out of curiosity, I did a quick search online to see where there are museums of shaving or barber shop items. Here is a list of some I found. It is not exhaustive and probably not complete, but it's a starting point.

National Barber Museum
Winchester, OH
Open by appointment only

New York City Barber Shop Museum (and operating barber shop)
New York, NY
Appointments

National Museum of American History (Smithsonian)
Hair Removal section in the Medicine & Science Collections
D.C.
Time-entry passes

Shaving artworks
Philadelphia Museum of Art
Philadelphia, PA
Open

History of the Barber Profession exhibit
Johnson County Historical Society Museum
Coralville, IA
Currently closed

1930s Barber Shop
The Bundy Museum of History & Art
Binghamton, NY
Open

Shaving Collection
National Science & Media Museum
London, UK
Open by pre-booking

Mühle Museum
Mühle London Barbershop
London, UK
Open

Giovanni Lorenzi Collection
G. Lorenzi - 1929 Coltellinaio
Milan, Italy
Appointments, apparently

Feather Museum of Razors
Seki, Gifu, Japan
Open

Thanks so much for this.
Wow looks like a day trip for me to the National Barber Museum in Ohio. Only a few hrs away.

I would have never known about this.

GO BUCKS!!

That’s awesome, thank you!

I remember seeing the shaving stuff at the National Museum of American History and thinking, “it’s the American history museum but they have a Sheffield blade on display??? Why don’t they have an American razor, and why only one???? OMG!”

😂

That’s awesome, thank you!

I remember seeing the shaving stuff at the National Museum of American History and thinking, “it’s the American history museum but they have a Sheffield blade on display??? Why don’t they have an American razor, and why only one???? OMG!”

😂
Last time I went to the American History Museum, I was really was not impressed with the shaving collection they had. I thought at the time that if the shaving community got together and donated just their junk razors, they would have a fine razor collection that would likely span a 100 years or more!

I mean is there not a market for "Creepy clown dolls and straight razor museum". I'd stop if I saw that road side attraction sign.

Guess what?

Yes, there is a Clown Motel...

Clown_Desktop.jpg

...Yes, I've stayed there....

13279378_web1_20190926_123138.jpg

...and this is the lobby!!!

ff51aa6b-fd63-4e7a-9474-0f6ff5b68bd4-large16x9_clownmoteltonopah.jpg

Its also next to the original, old west, town cemetery and every room has a painting of a demented clown over the bed.

Its weird and fun.

Guess what?

Yes, there is a Clown Motel...

View attachment 55769

...Yes, I've stayed there....

View attachment 55770

...and this is the lobby!!!

View attachment 55771

Its also next to the original, old west, town cemetery and every room has a painting of a demented clown over the bed.

Its weird and fun.
Didn't Zak "aka ziplock" Bagans and the Ghost Adventures crew investigate this place? [yes my guilty pleasure of crappy paranormal tv is showing]

@OpusX I'm not sure....the real haunted hotel in that town is the Mitzpah. There's at least three ghosts that live there. One of them is a former state senator that died a few days before the election and they kept his body in the bath tub on ice until after he was re-elected. I haven't stayed in that room, but I did stay in the room that a town madam was killed in. Nothing scary happened. But I was charged an extra $20 in the morning. I had to leave it on the nightstand.

Back