The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sending my OneBlade Hybrid back

jgreenepa

TSC's "Velveteen Shaver"
Yes, you’re listening to him, the only guy who can cut himself with the unnickable OneBlade Hybrid razor. I’ve really been trying with this thing, but I have yet after two weeks been able to complete a shave with it. This morning I started a face shave until I cut myself rather badly under my right ear. Whipped out the Barbasol and finished the job with the rest of the shave having no issues. I think my problem is that I have never shaved with a cartridge razor in my life. I used a DE for half a century and never used a cartridge razor. I did use an electric on and off over the years when I was traveling on business, but that’s really the extent of it. I think this OneBlade is targeted at cartridge razor users. Apparently the technique is similar. I gave one to my stepson, and he’s been using it with no problem, but he was a cartridge user. This dang thing doesn’t work for me. If they won’t take it back I’ll probably just PIF both razors.
I am beyond frustrated!

The trick with cart technique is that there is no trick, it doesn’t require technique. :ROFLMAO:

At least you have it a good go.

I have the Genesis and find it an effortless, thoughtless shave. I just apply enough pressure to engage pivot, then I just take long strokes and let the pivot do it's thing. Just let it do it's thing and try not to shave with it.

Back