The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Seeking Florence Italy Suggestions

In a few weeks I'll be spending some time in Florence (Firenze) Italy. I'm hoping for some suggestions.

1. Shaving thingies? I've learned over the past few years that one doesn't generally save money buying shaving goods in Europe because of the VAT. But are there cool shaving-related places worth going to anyway? Or goods that are unobtainable in the U.S.?

2. Got any restaurant suggestions?

3. Anyone know if (or how) one can get a tour of the Visconti Pen facility?

4. Ponte Vecchio, Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, Accademia, all check. Do you have any favorite Florence tips for a brother?

I don't know the answers to any of your questions. But I am beyond jealous. HOWEVER I do believe that if you are a tourist you can get refunded on your VAT there is a process to do so. I am sure a simple google search coud help you out.

Chad, you are correct about the VAT refund. It's a bit of a hassle, but it makes sense for high-priced items.

Since you are in the area, you should head over to Brebbia and see the Saponificio Varesino factory, it is like Mecca for me

Wow, never been, but my wife wants to go. Looks like a beautiful place. Enjoy your trip.

Back