The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SE blade sharpening holder.

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Hello all.. I just 3d printed a blade holder for SE blades and wondered if anyone had tried it before or one like it...

Here is a stock image....

SE blade sharpener holder.jpg

I'm not very good at sharpening razor related stuff but i will post my results after i try it.. When i found the holder others said they were able to take the box cutting blades and make them sharp enough to get a very good shave.. If this works it would make it a lot easier to get blades for the SE razors and maybe we could even use it to sharpen those one blade feather blades with very little modding.

Are they hard to find? I buy 100pks of GEMs from Ted Pella. Don’t think I’ll ever run out.
where do you get them from?? i dont have any... I saw tat and thought if it was simple enough that we could get blades from anywhere and be able to use them with the little holder that 3d printed might cost 3 cents.
are these any good??
gem-blue-star-super-single-edge-10-blades.jpeg
There is a local mom and pops pharmacy that sells these for 3.69 cents a pack..

The PTFE coated are the ones you want.

They are Carbon Steel not Stainless Steel. They will rust quickly if you don’t dry them completely immediately after the shave.
okay thanks I will look into ordering some. I was hoping the one local to me would be okay because i could pick them up tomorrow without the wait but I would prefer to do as you advise..... Thanks.

Back