The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Schick I 2 HYDRO MAGIC

Bogeyman

Shave Member
Used mine today on a 4 day beard with Fine Santal Absolut soap and there is just no comparing a good injector shave to that of a DE on a multi day beard. Whereas a DE may "sputter" here & there on a multi day beard the injector razor just scythes through it like ripe wheat!! The loaded blade was a Schick Proline B with 2 or 3 shaves on it. The Hydro Magic feature makes rinsing & drying a cinch. I have had this razor for several years having purchased it on Ebay and I think it was NOS never used by a stroke of luck as it came loaded with the OEM blank blade and was in mint condition. Regardless, new or used it's a superb injector shaver. Simply a better "mousetrap". (y) ;)

As much as I love the I 2, it was the nimble G 1 injector that hooked me first years ago. I paid $7 for it in an antique shop and couldn't believe how incredible the shave was with a new "Chick" blade loaded in it!! I managed to get it opened up and sanitized it first however as it had a tad of verdigris inside. :sick: I have it, an E 2, E 3, the aforementioned I 2, a J 1 and two Model M adjustables in my stable.

I managed to get it opened up and sanitized it first however as it had a tad of verdigris inside.
My otherwise purty M Adjustable has some as well inside the blade pinch area because it’s so hard to clean out. Sadness.

I recently acquired an I2 Hydromagic. This past week, I found out that it does a first pass ATG without issue! I have one side of my neck that WTG is north, and I accidentally did south with the injector. Pleasantly surprised at how smooth (ha ha) that pass went, with no irritation. I repeated it the next day, same result, and then tried it with my DE, which was not so pleasant and let me know it! I look forward to continuing to learn how great the Hydromagic can be! Right now, the Karve Christopher Bradley DE is my best razor.

Back