The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saw this mug / brush in antique store today.

Looks like it’s some sort of porcelain or Bakelite material? Kinda cool looking. Not really an “appraisal” but $15 for a cool vintage brush and mug isn’t out of the question. A rubberset 200-3 brush in that condition is worth grabbing when you can find them in that kind of condition.That brush could be cleaned and used as is and probably bring you plenty of joy OR the knot could be removed (that style of brush is often rehabbed quite easily...I did one myself) and a nice blond synthetic from Maggard’s put in it for another $12-15.

Those mugs are difficult to find with the porcelain insert not broken or missing. Well worth the entry price if it's something you want to use or display. My FIL has one. I'll post a pic when I can get one snapped.

I have a mug like that. They are cool display pieces. In my opinion the cup is too small to be practical to use. But if the brush handle is in good condition, then it's a decent price.

You guys are tough. I thought $15 was a good deal.

Thanks for the replies. I will see if its still there and let you know what happens.

Back