The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sandals

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Okay folks need some recommendations. I am NOT a flip flop guy, I own a pair for quick runs to the trash etc but I really enjoy a good sandal. I have had these for about 3 or 4 years and they are finally falling apart.

crocs Men's Yukon Two-Strap Sandal,Khaki/Espresso,7 M US ...

Yup those are Crocs LOL!

Any recommendations? I really liked the strap in the back, I could use the sandal as a slip on if needed or use the strap to secure it better for when walking through rivers etc.

And because I know the joke is coming i'll get it out of the way... if the sandals work with socks cool... I am a dad after all embarrassing your kids is a must!

Okay folks need some recommendations. I am NOT a flip flop guy, I own a pair for quick runs to the trash etc but I really enjoy a good sandal. I have had these for about 3 or 4 years and they are finally falling apart.

crocs Men's Yukon Two-Strap Sandal,Khaki/Espresso,7 M US ...'s Yukon Two-Strap Sandal,Khaki/Espresso,7 M US ...

Yup those are Crocs LOL!

Any recommendations? I really liked the strap in the back, I could use the sandal as a slip on if needed or use the strap to secure it better for when walking through rivers etc.

And because I know the joke is coming i'll get it out of the way... if the sandals work with socks cool... I am a dad after all embarrassing your kids is a must!
Don't have a pair, but those look great!

Personally I'm a flip flop guy. I wear Speary Topsider flip flops all summer long.

While very nice. They will not serve the dual purpose like I am looking for. As the ones in the pic I posted do/did
umm What purpose??? Tevas are built for Water, dry land , urban, river guides, etc probably the toughest sandal on the market and guarranteed for life

teVA.jpg

Oh yea you drink White Claw, Nevermind. Tevas are for real drinkers, sorry these might be better for you.

Chad.jpg

umm What purpose??? Tevas are built for Water, dry land , urban, river guides, etc probably the toughest sandal on the market and guarranteed for life

Too many straps! I want a pair that can slipped on. I own a pair of tevas and enjoy them but not for daily wear.

Can't say I've seen a pair that has that Croc rotating back strap.

Birkenstock's were my go-to for quick slip on's but now just use old Top Siders.

Keen Newports are my summer shoes. I love 'em. I wear them practicallly everyday when it's warm out and have worn them - different pairs - for at least 10 years. Comfy and fit my wider feet well. They slip on and off very easily. I prefer the leather ones, but they have fiber webbing ones as well.

newports.jpg

I've worn these all summer long (and last summer too). Lovely fake leather (plastic) is durable and lasts a longtime - no biodegradable materials here, lol.

Shockingly they are insanely comfortable and fast to slip on. I think I paid $15, or 1/6th the cost of any name brand. They're likely to give me 3 spring/summer uses before they need replacement.
0e04f8ca23bc67a5c0a18178bc360e7a.jpg

Came here to say Keens, but as this proper answer has already been posted, I'll just sit over here.

So found a pair of Birkenstocks on sale at a local Famous Footwear and decided to go for it. I am loving the support and working on the break in process now. So far I feel comfortable saying they are worth the price tag.

Would still like to find a pair of what I mentioned in the first post though to wear when camping and around water.

My feet (and ankles, knees and back) are absolutely killing me thanks to plantar fasciitis and made worse by poor footwear. My wife picked up a pair of flip flops from Target (I think...the brand is "George") that have amazing support. If they were a little softer or showed any sign of being able to break in they would be perfect. I have taken to wearing them around the house because they help that much. A nice pair of Birkenstocks would be a small step up from these flip flops but one I would probably welcome.

I’m still firmly a Teva kind of guy. I had bad Plantar Fasciitis that was cleared up with a couple of rather large injections. I’m a lot more careful of my footwear choices, although I avoid wearing New Balance shoes to avoid wearing them with dark socks in the Vette

When I was treated for plantar fasciitis a few years ago. He gave me a list of shoes to consider. New Balance, Asics, and Under Armour are what I remember from that list. As to sandals it was Birkenstocks and Crocs. I just can't bring myself to own a pair of crocs beyond the traditional sandal look that is.

Back