The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sabre

Quijote

La Mancha's Best Shaver
Legacy
First Responder
I love GEMs. They are my favorite disposable blade. Well, I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Sabre. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one. What is your impression of it? Also, how different are the 2 levels of aggressiveness? My current GEM goto is a Shovelhead.

I used my Sabre Level 2 razor this morning, for the first time in a long time. Among modern GEM-blade razors I've used (the Rocnel SE-G being the other), this one is a true gem (cough, cough). I don't use it often, as I generally enjoy more blade feel, which I get from my MMOC, 1914 (little lather catcher) and 1924 (shovelhead). But every time I use the Sabre L2, I'm impressed with its efficiency, and amazing smoothness. Let me know if you want to borrow mine...

I love GEMs. They are my favorite disposable blade. Well, I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Sabre. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one. What is your impression of it? Also, how different are the 2 levels of aggressiveness? My current GEM goto is a Shovelhead.

Did you ever get one? Did you consider taking up @pbrml's offer on giving it a test run? It truly is a very good GEM razor. Smooth and efficient on both L1 & L2 plates with the L2 being my favorite. It has an ultra modern semi retro look which I like and SS 304 construction. It's worth a try and I think you might be surprised on how well it shaves....

I used my Sabre Level 2 razor this morning, for the first time in a long time. Among modern GEM-blade razors I've used (the Rocnel SE-G being the other), this one is a true gem (cough, cough). I don't use it often, as I generally enjoy more blade feel, which I get from my MMOC, 1914 (little lather catcher) and 1924 (shovelhead). But every time I use the Sabre L2, I'm impressed with its efficiency, and amazing smoothness. Let me know if you want to borrow mine...

Yes, the Sabre L2 & a fresh GEM SS ptfe blade. I use a bit more caution on the first two shaves with a new GEM blade installed as it helps in “breaking in” the blade and smoothing it out for the shaves to follow. I can palm stroppe it but, being cognizant of its characteristics just means a more focused shave. Plus, the Sabre with its design tempers those initial shaves beautifully. A great 3 pass with no touch ups left my skin free of irritation, nics or cuts. Brilliant in design that executes in sheer simplicity.

Great shaves to all….

8C5E3F70-2046-429D-99DB-2F5A3BEF7C3A.jpeg

Back