The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rockwell t2 adjustable

John Paul

Jr. Shave Member
I’ve been using the Merkur Progress exclusively for several years now.. I have a thick, New Jersey beard (Italian) and the adjustables seem to work best for me. My only complaint is the lack of grip on the handle. The Rockwell looks like one I’d like to try,and was looking for some feedback before spending the + 100.

Happy new year all !

It’s a solid heavy adjustable of very good quality. The design is derived from the Gillette Fat Boy and provides me with pretty excellent shaves. But my beard is a thin Asian beard, so probably isn’t going to be a good predictor of how it will work for you.

I think the Fatboy shaves very comparable to the Progress, but has a great grip. I wasn’t a fan of the first Rockwell adjustable.

IMHO if you are going to spend that money go for the Blackland Osprey. Better than the Fatboy, and I thought I would never say that

I think I’ll just stick with my progress. If I don’t like the model T 2, I’m out $150. Unless someone can convince me otherwise….

it looks great,and I like the knurling on the handle. My only complaint with the progress is that it tends to be a little slippery

Back