The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rockwell 6s

mrdoug

"TSC's Shave Sales Deal Finder"
I pulled my 6s out of the cabinet as I was thinking whether I should sell it off or if I've been missing something mostly using the Gamechanger 68 and Gillette as of recent. My shave with Plate 3 was ok. Going to continue to evaluate.

One thing I have always wondered, and figure I should ask before (IF) it ends up on a BST... does any/everyone's 6s have visible post marks on the top of the cap? Curious if it's a manufacturing error on mine or just how it's made.

Thanks guys.
84ea142c537433095c4a845418a9f3e8.jpg

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

Mine does not. You see that sometimes on vintage razors but if it was there when new I would have exchanged it. đź‘Ť

Nope, no marks on mine. And I sold my GC in favor of my 6S, which I like so much better.

Oh interesting. I have 2 and haven't noticed that. Will have to check later.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

A little disconcerting, but I'm sure it's still plenty stable.

I'm not the original owner so I can't say it it's been there since the original purchase. I know it's been that way since I got it. Just assumed it was how it is supposed to be, since it's a rather industrial tool.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. As I said, giving it some time so I can see if I truly like the GC better or what. I know the weight of this thing is a downside... I prefer a lighter razor, all in all. Someday, maybe we'll see a 6t?

Isn't the 6c lighter?
Yes it is. I actually really liked my 6c but I bought into the hype. A lot of talk about it being all Zamak (even the handle). A small few stated they had failures with it. I, of course wanting to try the 6s, ate it right up. Lol. In the end I got rid of my 6c and bought the 6s.

Looking at other Razors, I'm pretty certain if they made a 6T (titanium) it would be lighter than the Zamak. I believe only aluminum is lighter than Titanium. Of course, I'd also be intrigued by a 6A.

I like heavier razors, but if they make a titanium one I'd have to get it. Because Titanium.

Hmm... I could see a coffee mug design... Razor drawing on the front, all nice and sleek... On the back (other side) #because_titanium.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

A little disconcerting, but I'm sure it's still plenty stable.

I'm not the original owner so I can't say it it's been there since the original purchase. I know it's been that way since I got it. Just assumed it was how it is supposed to be, since it's a rather industrial tool.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. As I said, giving it some time so I can see if I truly like the GC better or what. I know the weight of this thing is a downside... I prefer a lighter razor, all in all. Someday, maybe we'll see a 6t?

FWIW, I think you hit the nail on the head. This is a heavy duty Mack Truck and not a finely polished Mercedes Benz. This is one of the reasons I like my 6S--it is a heavy duty, durable piece of equipment. Because it is so durable I use it when I travel knowing that it would difficult to damage it. Whether or not the weight is a downside is totally a matter of perspective. I actually think it goes in the opposite direction. That is to say, it is a positive quality. The weight of this razor helps, IMHO, the quality of the shave. I get one of the smoothest shaves of all my razors with the 6S.

I suspect the blemishes are the result of the metal injection molding process (though I am no expert on the subject) and do not affect the quality of the shave.

I have other razors which look a lot better than the Rockwell but cost 2 to 4 times what the Rockwell cost. I would, however, never travel with one of those. And, definitely, those razors are not as blissfully mindless as the Rockwell 6S is while shaving.

The one criticism I do have of the Rockwell 6S is that it is top heavy.

May I respectfully suggest that you step back a bit and reassess what you have.

FWIW, I think you hit the nail on the head. This is a heavy duty Mack Truck and not a finely polished Mercedes Benz. This is one of the reasons I like my 6S--it is a heavy duty, durable piece of equipment. Because it is so durable I use it when I travel knowing that it would difficult to damage it. Whether or not the weight is a downside is totally a matter of perspective. I actually think it goes in the opposite direction. That is to say, it is a positive quality. The weight of this razor helps, IMHO, the quality of the shave. I get one of the smoothest shaves of all my razors with the 6S.

I suspect the blemishes are the result of the metal injection molding process (though I am no expert on the subject) and do not affect the quality of the shave.

I have other razors which look a lot better than the Rockwell but cost 2 to 4 times what the Rockwell cost. I would, however, never travel with one of those. And, definitely, those razors are not as blissfully mindless as the Rockwell 6S is while shaving.

The one criticism I do have of the Rockwell 6S is that it is top heavy.

May I respectfully suggest that you step back a bit and reassess what you have.
Absolutely. That's actually what I'm doing. Pulled it out of the drawer where I stashed it to see how it compares, now that I've spent so much time with my Gamechanger. Figure if it doesn't stack up, off it goes.

That's when I decided to ask about those bumps. They absolutely don't effect the shave. I would presume they don't really mean anything but perhaps a sloppy injection... But who knows, could be a real defect?

Regardless, I am definitely do just that
... Re-evaluating my razors.

Thanks.

Absolutely. That's actually what I'm doing. Pulled it out of the drawer where I stashed it to see how it compares, now that I've spent so much time with my Gamechanger. Figure if it doesn't stack up, off it goes.

That's when I decided to ask about those bumps. They absolutely don't effect the shave. I would presume they don't really mean anything but perhaps a sloppy injection... But who knows, could be a real defect?

Regardless, I am definitely do just that
... Re-evaluating my razors.

Thanks.

Smart.

Back