The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

RIP Prince Philip

TobyC

"I shaved a Tribble once..."
"Philip died on 9 April 2021, aged 99, two months before his centennial. He was "the longest-serving royal consort in British history".

A couple of quotes of him;

"We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking 'Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?' You just got on with it." (about the Second World War commenting on modern stress counselling for servicemen in 1995).

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting).

iu

"Philip died on 9 April 2021, aged 99, two months before his centennial. He was "the longest-serving royal consort in British history".

A couple of quotes of him;

"We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking 'Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?' You just got on with it." (about the Second World War commenting on modern stress counselling for servicemen in 1995).

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting).

iu
My Dad's Generation. They sure as h*ll don't make them like that anymore.

At least he died before he got cancelled. Tough old bird, but I think his bride is even tougher!

Back