The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

RIP Jim McDivitt

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Sad New. I waited to post until it was public
Apollo Astronaut and USAF Test Pilot Jim McDivitt passed away 10.13.2022 here in Tucson. I was honored to have been his barber for a time and loved our conversations. He was the 1st pilot to receive pilot wings in a land based aircraft the x-15. He also was - combat vet and Both Gemini and Apollo commander of Apollo 9, which tested the Lunar Module. A great man and one of the last of our Apollo heroes. GodSpeed Jim. He was 93 and passed away at his home here in Tucson

…..1666279362604.jpeg

1666279408154.jpeg

Of the accomplishments of man, the ability to leave our own planet is one of the greatest. RIP to one who braved the void.

There's so few left from Apollo...currently 12 out of 32. They defied the odds and did what only the bravest of humans can do.

I am sorry for your loss Dave. Of course he was/is an American legend so we have ALL lost...but you were blessed to have had an opportunity to truly know the man.

Back