The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

RIP Gilbert

We we're at the Improv in Hollywood one night back in the early 1990's...they have a small bar/restaurant in the front and we were enjoying a cocktail and some snacks when Gilbert Gottfried approached our table and started doing .....comedy? It was unclear to us and the couple with us what was happening but when he finished, we all frowned and he walked away. That's my Gilbert Gottfried story.

One of my favorite anecdotes he told during an interview in the 1980’s was when he opened for Belinda Carlisle 😂

For some reason this one brought tears to my eyes. We have lost quite a few of the classics from my youth over the last couple of years and its starting to bother me. Maybe one of the things that bothers me most is how young he (and the others) was. I really enjoyed his work and thought he was a talented man.

I actually got to meet him once at an AFLAC conference he was such a gracious man and funny

Back