The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

RIP Chewy

It's always sad to learn of the passing of someone who you had some sort of connection or at least knowledge of. And as I get older, it seems to be happening more and more. Hearing of Mayhew's passing reminds me of the summer that Star Wars came out. I was 15 years old attending sleep away camp in NY's Adirondack's Mountains. The camp was an interesting mix of people mostly from the area around Bethesda, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Long Isand, NY. It was primarily a hiking and backpacking camp and it was located about 30 minutes north of Lake Placid, NY. I just remember someone saying a group of us would be going into Lake Placid to see the movie. This was never done before, at least to my knowledge, and was never done again. I was blown away by the movie. It took me to a place so very different from the rustic setting I was spending two months each year at. Unfortunately, that summer also turned out to be the last at that camp because that winter the owner passed away and no one was interested in continuing to run it anymore. I still love watching that movie. These aren't the droids you're looking for. RIP Chewy.

Back