The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Review: Soapy Science Doc's Special Blend

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran

I used this product today, and it's a keeper. It has a pleasant peppermint scent that lingers. With just a damp synthetic brush I was able to quickly whip up a thick, creamy lather. The lather reminds me of Mike's, Barrister & Mann, and Declaration Grooming in its consistency, glide, and cushion. I hardly felt the new SuperMax Stainless blade in my '46/7 Aristocrat as the whiskers disappeared. Two passes and touchup, and I was done. Post shave skin feel is soft, perfectly moisturized, but not greasy at all.

At $21 including shipping after applying their 5% FB discount, this soap is well worth it.

Good review, Bruce!

I have a feeling this artisan is going to start to grow pretty quickly. If the lather reminds you of B&M and Declaration, that's very lofty praise!

Thanks, Josh. They certainly have potential. The soap really is good. The price point is at the high end of my comfort zone, but their shipping is only about $2 or so, and with the FB discount of 5%, I can live with it. I'll probably get some more in a different flavor to try out.

Back